Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Foundational

• 16-04-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Am looking for some suggestions for a new foundation and would appreciate any input!

Am 40, pale and combination skin, and have been getting hormonal spots around my mouth and chin. I use Mac Face & Body for work, with some translucent and then pressed powder on top (both Mac). I like the lightness of this foundation and the fact that it looks natural, however would like something with more coverage to really hide the spots and blemishes.

I do use concealer (Clarins or Mac) but feel that a foundation with more coverage would be good for nights out or occasions.

Am not massively into makeup - just want something that works that I can easily use!

Thanks!

Edit: some of the ‘heavier’ Mac foundations have given me clogged pores in the past, particularly on my forehead, e.g Studio Fix.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I use a Catrice HD foundation and find the coverage excellent, it's medium full, which means it covers well but you don't feel caked. It lasts very well on my skin (but I always use a setting spray for occasions).

A lot of other full coverage foundations (e.g. Estee Lauder Double wear) break me out and Catrice doesn't at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

If more coverage is what you're after then Estee Lauder Double wear

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Great suggestions - thanks!

Advertisement