Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistent eating

• 17-04-2019 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Need to pick your brains . My 8 nearly 9 month old will eat great for a few days and then some days he won't eat much at all . He drinks his bottles great so not worried about dehydration but getting him to eat is a constant battle .
    He is quite "slight" as the phn said last week but she wasn't worried about his weight but it's something I worry about that he's actually getting enough food !
    First time mum so nothing to go on .
    Help !!!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 13 danemail

Hi, my 2nd born was just the same. We used to joke that she would eat enough to do her 3 days so she needed nothing afterðŸ˜႒ she continued this way until she turned 6 and now we can't keep her fed!

My first never stopped eating, and my 3rd ate "normally", so I suppose as long as your son is healthy otherwise and not dehydrated, I wouldn't be worried. They are all so different, if they're hungry they'll eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Thanks for the reply , he is very healthy has never been sick , sleeps v well and is always happy
    Yeah he eats so much one day and then not much the day after !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

We had the same.
    He would eat a huge brekkie, then nearly nothing all day, except for snacks and milk.
    Now he's eating everything! (2 yr old)
    Keep offering things, but be prepared for most if not all to be thrown on the floor or just ignored!
    Patience is essential...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You look at what they eat over a 24 hour period.Also at that age their main source of nutrition is still their milk, meals should nearly be secondary.Over the next few months his food intake will probably increase.We are so used to thinking in terms of food and meals, we forget babies have bottles too and they are sufficient nutrition.Food before 1 is just for fun :-) Once you get your head around that, you relax more about it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Sono

Wouldn’t be too worried about it once he is drinking his bottles, they will go through phases with food but unless he is losing weight dramatically then he will be ok imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

I remember reading one time children eat over a week rather than a day. it should balance out over the week. so long as healthy and drinking is good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Thanks everyone a bit of reassurance there . He's drinking all his bottles and has increased the milk in the last few weeks . Ftm syndrome :)

Advertisement