Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot Bed Quilt vs Duvet cover

Options
  • 17-04-2019 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭

I didn't realise there's a difference between a quilt and a duvet. We got a cot bed quilt as a present and I cannot find a cover for it, I'm guessing a quilt isn't meant to be covered or something.

The duvet does seem a little bigger (120x150cm) and its covers (same size) seem a little too big for the quilt (100 x 120cm).

Anyone know if I can get covers for a quilt?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Is the quilt a decorated thing?To me a quilt is something with patterns or whatever ready on it and wouldn't take a cover...no??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

No to me a quilt doesn't get a cover. It's usually pretty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Quilts are usually more decorative, I think. Like throws, I doubt you’ll find a cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

same as above, a quilt is normally like the nice fancy heavy enough spread you stick at the end of the bed incase you get chilly.. If it isnt like that you could always get a seamstress to make up a cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Thanks for the replies... yeah, it makes sense as I always think of those American family heirloom quilts. The one we got was only an Aldi one, so not particularly fancy. It has that button pattern on it with matching cot-bed bumper. The feel of the quilt though is like a duvet, in that it's got some kind of microfiber fill and no stitching through the middle as you'd normally find in quilts, that's what probably made me think it should be covered.

I'll get the covers anyway, cos I like the pattern, so if it doesn't work for the quilt, we'll just get a normal duvet. We probably won't be long taking toddler out of her grow-bag as she likes to have her legs free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement