Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create grid in Word 2016...but invisible lines?

Options
  • 17-04-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I want to type a series of exhibition labels in Word.

I want all the labels to be the same size.

I want to be able to see where I'm typing, so I'd like a grid.

But, I only want the lines to be visible for typing, not for printing.

Three columns and about 7/8 rows should be about right on an A4 page.

Can I do this?

Many thanks!

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Just create a table. Then put what you need in the cells. When you're finished right click the table and select Borders and Shading. Hit 'None' in the border selection and all the grid lines will disappear while the table structure itself remains. You can bring back the visibility at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

mordeith wrote: »
    Just create a table. Then put what you need in the cells. When you're finished right click the table and select Borders and Shading. Hit 'None' in the border selection and all the grid lines will disappear while the table structure itself remains. You can bring back the visibility at any time.

Fab!

Thanks! :p

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Word has "labels" creation feature build-in that cover most label vendors/various shapes and sizes.

This might allow you to print more professional looking "cards". You can buy various blank labels/business cards as A4 sheets.
    One of vendors: https://www.decadrypaper.com/ , many other available

Go Mailings>Labels from here:
    1. >Options - select vendor, product number(single label info displayed, more under Details... )
    ___1.1 >New Label... - create your own label
    2. >New Document - create your own label sheet/document

Advertisement