Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alcatel 3v

• 17-04-2019 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Is there a way to make the video from my drone stop being so jerky on this phone? it is a live feed. I have a lenovo pad and the video is smooth when I use the pad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That phone is like a bicycle pulling a caravan. "2K" display with a junker CPU from 2012.

If you can set the drone resolution much lower it might work better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Silent Shrill

ED E wrote: »
    That phone is like a bicycle pulling a caravan. "2K" display with a junker CPU from 2012.

If you can set the drone resolution much lower it might work better.

I was thinking that.
    Camera cannot be lowered as it is 4k. I will stick to using the pad. Thanks anyway.

the drone does not send 4k to the phone screen - it's usually 720p

4k is what gets written to the micro sd card

what is causing problems on that phone even more than the crappy cpu is the low 2gb ram

closing all apps in the background on the phone and/or using a ram cleaner could help a little.

glasso wrote: »
    the drone does not send 4k to the phone screen - it's usually 720p

4k is what gets written to the micro sd card

what is causing problems on that phone even more than the crappy cpu is the low 2gb ram

closing all apps in the background on the phone and/or using a ram cleaner could help a little.

My pad has 1gb ram and it works perfectly on that. No background apps, ram cleaner used.

My pad has 1gb ram and it works perfectly on that. No background apps, ram cleaner used.

what is the exact model of your tablet and cpu in it?

the cpu in the phone is fairly crap (antutu score of about 35,000) if your tablet has only 1gb ram the cpu is probably a crap one also!

could be the wifi quality possibly.

if you can connect the drone controller to the phone/tablet but cable (otg cable required) that may improve things.

what is the drone?

• Advertisement

what is the exact model of your tablet and cpu in it?

the cpu in the phone is fairly crap (antutu score of about 35,000) if your tablet has only 1gb ram the cpu is probably a crap one also!

could be the wifi quality possibly.

if you can connect the drone controller to the phone/tablet but cable (otg cable required) that may improve things.

what is the drone?

The antutu is better than 46% of smartphones, so if mine is crap what does that make the others? Seems you like the word crap.
    Cannot be the wi-fi if it works on one but not the other. It has nothing to do with the drone as again, it works perfectly on the tab, and besides, you would probably say the drone is crap.
    I believe the recording on the phone is being compressed due to the software the phone uses, and when uploaded to the laptop and played back it runs smoothly. The phone records in 1080 so 720 should be no problem.
    I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if there is an app or software that may allow the phone to view/record the live feed without compressing it. The same problem is a common issue on many phones as I have searched already, and the phones are vastly different. Maybe all us drone users with the same problem just have crap phones?.......but I doubt it.

The antutu is better than 46% of smartphones, so if mine is crap what does that make the others? Seems you like the word crap.
    Cannot be the wi-fi if it works on one but not the other. It has nothing to do with the drone as again, it works perfectly on the tab, and besides, you would probably say the drone is crap.
    I believe the recording on the phone is being compressed due to the software the phone uses, and when uploaded to the laptop and played back it runs smoothly. The phone records in 1080 so 720 should be no problem.
    I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if there is an app or software that may allow the phone to view/record the live feed without compressing it. The same problem is a common issue on many phones as I have searched already, and the phones are vastly different. Maybe all us drone users with the same problem just have crap phones?.......but I doubt it.

never mind - was just asking to help

the 3v has a crap cpu. don't get precious about it.

it would be firmly at the low end of low end phone cpus.

35,000 on antutu is about the level of a tablet from 7 years ago

never mind - was just asking to help

the 3v has a crap cpu. don't get precious about it.

it would be firmly at the low end of low end phone cpus.

35,000 on antutu is about the level of a tablet from 7 years ago

Why don't you just piss off with your smarmy remarks. You are not helping, you are just being an antagonistic little ****. Only answer, (or help as you put it), those with equipment you would see fit to class as quality.
    No-one wants to read unhelpful advice, or advice that knocks. The phone is quite capable to work with the drone camera, and it could be the app itself that has a compatibility issue in regards to the format it records or compresses the video. If you do not know the answer then keep stum instead of knocking.

the phone is not recording video.

it's encoding through the drone app.

unless there is a setting in the drone app to change you can't change anything

else use a micro sd card in the drone directly (most decent drones would have that option!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The difference is likely the tab is 1080p or below, the phone is "2K". So even if they both had the same spec the tablet would be around twice as fast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement