Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage enquiry

Options
  • 17-04-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

We were approved for our mortgage & received letter of offer in Sept 18. We put our deposit down on a new build which was scheduled for completion in Dec 18 (then feb , then march , then april.....). Problem is our offer expired in late march so we have had to apply for an extension as completion date is now May 19. Our up to date payslips , statements etc were sent across and application was sent to underwriter 2 weeks ago but we have heard nothing back. It took less than a week the first time around so i am concerned now as if there are any issues we could loose our deposit and HTB rebate has also been paid to the builder.

I am trying to understand if this is normal or would the delay be a result of an underwriter coming across something they are not happy with? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Fradge21 wrote: »
    Hi,

We were approved for our mortgage & received letter of offer in Sept 18. We put our deposit down on a new build which was scheduled for completion in Dec 18 (then feb , then march , then april.....). Problem is our offer expired in late march so we have had to apply for an extension as completion date is now May 19. Our up to date payslips , statements etc were sent across and application was sent to underwriter 2 weeks ago but we have heard nothing back. It took less than a week the first time around so i am concerned now as if there are any issues we could loose our deposit and HTB rebate has also been paid to the builder.

I am trying to understand if this is normal or would the delay be a result of an underwriter coming across something they are not happy with? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Hi Fradge21,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. As all applications are assessed on an individual basis the timeframe for a response can vary depending on the Volume of applications received at the time. To discuss this with one of our Mortgage Experts and for an update on the application for an extension we would recommend that you contact our Mortgage Team on 1890 365 345.

Thanks , Jen

Advertisement