Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon laser rangefinder - €150

Options
  • 17-04-2019 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one of these? How does it compare to the main branded rangefinders such as Bushnell etc? It's hard to find a decent review online.

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/golf-900-laser-rangefinder-en-s305651.html

I'm trying to decide between that and the €110 Boblov LF600AG https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J9YPKTD/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1I3WCS8CQ0LXV&psc=1

Both seem to have very similar features but in addition to slope compensation (which can be turned off for competitions) the Boblov also has a flag lock feature, a built in rechargeable rather than CR2 replaceable battery.

The only reason I'm wavering on pulling the trigger on the Boblov is that I don't know the brand and it seems a bit too good to be true!!

Would appreciate any steer you guys can give me.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I got one two weeks ago, only getting to use it Friday though. Has everything all the rest has including slope. Brought it to the range last night to check distances (and try it out) and even in poor light it worked perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I got one two weeks ago, only getting to use it Friday though. Has everything all the rest has including slope. Brought it to the range last night to check distances (and try it out) and even in poor light it worked perfect.

Thanks Charlie, I found some very positive reviews online for the Boblov so in the end the rechargeable battery (not that big a deal) plus the vibrating flag lock feature (which I'm not sure the Decathlon has) and the fact it's €40 cheaper made me go for the Boblov.

Both seem very good. Time will tell which of us made the best decision!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

I see Mygolfspy (a respected golf gear reviewer from the US) have recently given the thumbs up to Decathlon's line of golf shoes so that would give me optimism.

I see Mygolfspy (a respected golf gear reviewer from the US) have recently given the thumbs up to Decathlon's line of golf shoes so that would give me optimism.

I'm a big fan of Decathlon products, particularly their own brand products.

These look very good value for the money - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mens-waterproof-grip-id_8512018.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

I have the Precision Pro Golf NX7 Laser Rangefinder and they are around the 175euro mark.

Have to say I find it excellent, great customer service (including free battery replacement). I went with the one without slope measurement and am sure you could find a good price on it somewhere. It has flag lock vibrate and has been bang on when measured against friends Bushnell

• Advertisement

Used my Decathalon Rangefinder for the first time today, very impressed with it. Has the flag lock and vibrate function which worked perfect. One of the lads has a branded model and we compared them a few times and it was spot on. I tried out playing partners ones before when waiting to take my shot or after I had hit and could never get the same reading twice but with this one I was getting the same figure to the flag over and over today.
    It’s a nice side in your hand and seems sturdy enough. Didn’t use it half as much as I thought I would but then again I knew the course I was playing fairly well.

My golf on there other hand, I won’t depress ye with that story!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Used my Decathalon Rangefinder for the first time today, very impressed with it. Has the flag lock and vibrate function which worked perfect. One of the lads has a branded model and we compared them a few times and it was spot on. I tried out playing partners ones before when waiting to take my shot or after I had hit and could never get the same reading twice but with this one I was getting the same figure to the flag over and over today.
    It’s a nice side in your hand and seems sturdy enough. Didn’t use it half as much as I thought I would but then again I knew the course I was playing fairly well.

My golf on there other hand, I won’t depress ye with that story!!!
    Did you use it yesterday at the European? What was it like on the links?

woodyg wrote: »
    Did you use it yesterday at the European? What was it like on the links?

I did Woody, no problem with it at all, the flag lock function is great. Same figure over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,953 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Could you zap a bunker or water hazard or does it have to be the flag?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Could you zap a bunker or water hazard or does it have to be the flag?

Yes you can distances to anything. The flag lock feature can be turned on and off easily.

If anyone wants to try it, they are more than welcome to use it for a round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Quick q re the decathlon rangefinder, I see it has slope function , which can be toggled off. Is it ok to use these in competitions as long as slope is toggled off?

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Quick q re the decathlon rangefinder, I see it has slope function , which can be toggled off. Is it ok to use these in competitions as long as slope is toggled off?

Yes, 100%.

Advertisement