If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 43PUS6703 vs LG 43UK6750PLD

Options
  • 17-04-2019 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi

I thinking i might go for one of these two, I have always liked Philips tvs and the Ambilight feature looks interesting but LG seems to have quiet a good reputation these days. 
    Im just wondering which would have the better picture and sound?
    It would be used in a sitting room on a tv unit, so looking to have good viewing angles.

Thanks !

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

billbond4 wrote: »
    Hi

I thinking i might go for one of these two, I have always liked Philips tvs and the Ambilight feature looks interesting but LG seems to have quiet a good reputation these days. 
    Im just wondering which would have the better picture and sound?

Thanks !
    Hi Billbond,

I like both TV's TBH but my personal preference would be for the Philips ( with one large caveat) as the PQ and Ambilight are great! 

The 6750 is also a super TV and bulletproof reliable - where the LG DOES score over the Philips is that the LS Smart features and Operating System are far better than the Philips - if you do use the smart features then I would trend towards the LG - if PQ is the name of the game then the Philips is the one for you...

( ..one other small thing - the LG also has a decent free-to-air satellite tuner built in!)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Thanks for that info
    Yes I found the philips tv UI's are not the best, I like to use a firestick for all my apps so I dont mind the UI not being so good

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

.. then I'd highly recommend the 6703 - there really is nothing to touch it's picture quality at the price..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.