Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time of year again...

• 17-04-2019 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

It's the "go chase the landowner for deer permissions" time again...Anyone else get theirs yet??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Got them yesterday, have them signed today, and sent since about 45 minutes ago.

I keep a copy of the NPWS form on file, print them out at the end of the season, and try get them signed before the renewals come in so when they do i just fill it in, and send it back.

I notice two things:
    1. Still asking for any info on who has done what courses (which i refuse to acknowledge)
    2. Removed the ability to return them by e-mail (or maybe i missed the address)
    Still they're gone off, so now i wait.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Also still claiming 100 acres to be a minimum. The more things change, the more they stay the same :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I did mine via the downloadable form on the Sunday and in thd post Monday.

Did I miss it last year or is it new to this year - the removal of a witness signature?

Be wary of one thing, a mate of mine had his forms returned because he used a blank photo copy of the previous years land permission, ie 17/18 for 18/19. Even though they were dated correctly at the time of application.

Did I miss it last year or is it new to this year - the removal of a witness signature?
    Never even copped that. I didn't see it either.

Must check the scanned copy. I always scan a copy of stuff i send.
    Be wary of one thing, a mate of mine had his forms returned because he used a blank photo copy of the previous years land permission, ie 17/18 for 18/19. Even though they were dated correctly at the time of application.
    Good advice, luckily i remembered the dates and changed them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    Never even copped that. I didn't see it either.

Must check the scanned copy. .
    Just checked and it's not there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

I emailed them to enquire and they replied to say emailed applications are still being accepted....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

smallfry wrote: »
    I emailed them to enquire and they replied to say emailed applications are still being accepted....

How do you Sign the document that is emailed back to them?

Have my permission signed off and the form all ready to post away

Clivej wrote:
    How do you Sign the document that is emailed back to them?
    Print it off, sign it, scan it, e-mail it back.
    smallfry wrote:
    I emailed them to enquire and they replied to say emailed applications are still being accepted...
    Is the e-mail on the application/renewal. Wasn't looking for it so didn't notice it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

New address....

Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht,
    Wildlife Licensing Unit,
    90 North King Street,
    Dublin 7
    D07 N7CV

Email: wildlifelicence@chg.gov.ie
    Tel: (01) 888 3298 or (01) 888 3256 or (01) 888 3249

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    It's the "go chase the landowner for deer permissions" time again...Anyone else get theirs yet??

I got mine the other day and it's like a count down to the opening day since.

All daydreams are being consumed by deer hunting and cooking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement