Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum transfer limit

Options
  • 17-04-2019 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I recently bought a house and will need to transfer the deposit for the sale to go through. What is the maximum that I can transfer? Do i have to setup the receiver as a Payee or can I just do a "one-off" transfer to them? Setting up a Payee limits me to €10,000 transfer limit per day which is a good bit less than what I need to transfer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hello.

I recently bought a house and will need to transfer the deposit for the sale to go through. What is the maximum that I can transfer? Do i have to setup the receiver as a Payee or can I just do a "one-off" transfer to them? Setting up a Payee limits me to €10,000 transfer limit per day which is a good bit less than what I need to transfer.

Thanks.

Hi blockfighter,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. If the amount you need to transfer exceeds the limit permitted on Banking 365online this can be carried out at the Cash Desk in a Bank of Ireland branch. I hope this helps.

Please feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hi blockfighter,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. If the amount you need to transfer exceeds the limit permitted on Banking 365online this can be carried out at the Cash Desk in a Bank of Ireland branch. I hope this helps.

Please feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Thanks for your reply.

If i am out of the country is there any alternative way to do this? Can i nominate someone to do it for me on my behalf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Thanks for your reply.

If i am out of the country is there any alternative way to do this? Can i nominate someone to do it for me on my behalf?

In this instance you can send a written instruction to your account holding branch with a copy of your photo I’d signed by a registered notary such as local Police Authority. We would also recommend that you include your contact information and the details of the account you wish to transfer to.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement