Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleague sending gold stars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Stop whining. I'm unemployed and don't get any gold stars from anyone. I have to download them myself and it's not the same at all.

Good luck getting a job until here have a star from me.

2lu2842.jpg
    Omg that's the most beautifully shiny shiny gold star...

Seriously though, what's the issue? I'd assume it's a pictorial version of "thanks a mill, you're a star"... no? Humans aren't robots, most people like to have a job well done acknowledged. Do a good job, someone says thanks. Sure, it might technically be going no further than the job description, but so often it is difficult just to get someone to do an alright version of what they've been asked to do in a semi-timely fashion without having to hound them. It's nice when someone promptly does something properly, so maybe your colleague just appreciates it.

Yeah maybe it comes off a little weird but if that's the only problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

If someone emailed me a star, I would laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Is his name Leo V by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"a thanks will suffice".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭cml387

We have a saying at work.
    Whenever we get a "Well done everyone" from management we say we'll print it off and bring it down to Amber to exchange for a fill of oil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement