Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good quote for an extension

Options
  • 17-04-2019 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, just looking for opinions.

I'm living in a standard 3 bed 60s mid terrace.
    I have a decent space in the front - room for 4 cars.
    The front door is about 4ft from ground level with steps up to it.
    There is not a straight run to the back of the house but a turn at the end of the hall.

I am looking to get a 35sqm single story rear extension. The back of the house will be opened and an Rsj installed.
    There will be a fibreglass roof with 2 large or 3 smaller skylights.
    French doors with two narrow windows either side.
    The front facade will be brick.
    Electrics and plumbing of 2 radiators in the extension and completed to builders finish.
    The current boiler house is in the footprint of the new extension so that will have to be knocked.
    A new boiler house 3mx1m is to be contructed and the boiler reconnected.
    A simple concrete path will span outside the extension.

I have been quoted 51k.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Get drawing done. And then get 3 quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Seems good price in the current climate. We were getting quotes of €60-80k for 40m2 extension. All depends on finish and specs I suppose and location. Access is important aswel.
    eurokev wrote: »
    Hi, just looking for opinions.

I'm living in a standard 3 bed 60s mid terrace.
    I have a decent space in the front - room for 4 cars.
    The front door is about 4ft from ground level with steps up to it.
    There is not a straight run to the back of the house but a turn at the end of the hall.

I am looking to get a 35sqm single story rear extension. The back of the house will be opened and an Rsj installed.
    There will be a fibreglass roof with 2 large or 3 smaller skylights.
    French doors with two narrow windows either side.
    The front facade will be brick.
    Electrics and plumbing of 2 radiators in the extension and completed to builders finish.
    The current boiler house is in the footprint of the new extension so that will have to be knocked.
    A new boiler house 3mx1m is to be contructed and the boiler reconnected.
    A simple concrete path will span outside the extension.

I have been quoted 51k.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

bri007 wrote: »
    Seems good price in the current climate. We were getting quotes of €60-80k for 40m2 extension. All depends on finish and specs I suppose and location. Access is important aswel.

Do you mind me asking what type of finish that is and what the access is like? In the very early stages of thinking about an extension myself and have no idea of costs.

Advertisement