Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Lamb Butchers?

Options
  • 18-04-2019 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to buy some fat lamb shanks. Can anyone recommend a good butcher for Lamb in D15?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't advise on a butchers but Lidl have them in this week (in their catalogue), I'm assuming Aldi would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Ethersons in Laurel Lodge are top notch butchers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nothing better than getting a whole lamb. Works out a plot cheaper if you have a chest freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blue flue

Gleesons butchers is my local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Censored11

blue flue wrote: »
    Gleesons butchers is my local.

I was told years ago that Gleesons meat is imported and not Irish. Is this true does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Censored11 wrote: »
    I was told years ago that Gleesons meat is imported and not Irish. Is this true does anyone know?

Butchers and meat retailers must list the place of origin of all meat they sell.
    Most premise have a list of origin displayed prominently in their shops, also on the label of the product if it is sold pre packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

The chicken fillets that are sold individually from behind the counter come from Holland, but it's normally advertised.

Advertisement