Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Books.

• 18-04-2019 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Has anyone any idea please, if there is somewhere I can offload some books.

Most of them have been read only once, some not at all. And pretty much all of them are in mint shape.

I thought Enable Ireland near Penneys took books but their website says no.

I don't want to put them in recycling, it seems like an awful waste of resources.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Bicycle wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Most of them have been read only once, some not at all. And pretty much all of them are in mint shape.

I don't want to put them in recycling, it seems like an awful waste of resources.

Thanks in advance.

Lots of the big DIY stores sell used books for charity. Woodys and b&q definitely have stalls as you exit they maybe worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Books can be left at Mungret Recycling centre on the book shelves in the area just to the left of the entrance. You’d have to pay the €5 to get in though.

I’ve never left books but have taken some home.

The NCBI shop in Grove Island take books too.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TaitsClock

Bicycle wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Thanks in advance.

The animal welfare shops on william and parnell street take books, so does st.vincent the paul on thomas street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

TaitsClock wrote: »
    The animal welfare shops on william and parnell street take books, so does st.vincent the paul on thomas street.
    This. I've given large quantities of books to them and similar shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

TaitsClock wrote:

The Irish Cancer Society as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Thanks everyone.

The last time I had been trying to donate some books, none of the charity shops would take them and I ended up putting some of them in a recycling bin.

So I was very pleasantly surprised today when Enable Ireland in Liddy Street took all the books. They have a good range of books and if anyone is looking for a second hand or barely used book then its the place to go.

They also have some lovely furniture, ornaments and of course clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TaitsClock

You didnt hand in any Stephen King books by any chance? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

TaitsClock wrote: »
    You didnt hand in any Stephen King books by any chance? :D

No. The kidults think I'm scary enough without reading any Stephen King :p

Advertisement