Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ewe lamb dull and not eating

• 18-04-2019 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Ewe lamb lambed 5 days ago. One lamb. Not eating now and very dull. Just sitting down. Any ideas. Injected with 60 no of caliber earlier today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

foxirl wrote: »
    Ewe lamb lambed 5 days ago. One lamb. Not eating now and very dull. Just sitting down. Any ideas. Injected with 60 no of caliber earlier today

Hard to say from here, did she pass the afterbirth, has she mastitis, what's her temperature.
    what is caliber,

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

wrangler wrote: »
    Hard to say from here, did she pass the afterbirth, has she mastitis, what's her temperature.
    what is caliber,

Sorry calciject. Passed the afterbirth. No mastitis. Not sure on temperature as don't have a thermometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Sorry calciject. Passed the afterbirth. No mastitis. Not sure on temperature as don't have a thermometer.

The only other common thing could be an internal infection after lambing, usually effects them day 2 after lambing and they'd have a raised temperature.
    I'd head for the vet if she didn't have any of the above, she'll go dry if she's left sick for long

The only other common thing could be an internal infection after lambing, usually effects them day 2 after lambing and they'd have a raised temperature.
    I'd head for the vet if she didn't have any of the above, she'll go dry if she's left sick for long

Gave her a shot of penicillin but will head to vet in the morning if no improvement.

Brought her to the vet this morning and it's pneumonia. Gave me nuflor for her so hope she improves now. If she makes it would she be susceptible to it again and would I be as well to send her to factory in a month or two.

• Advertisement

Brought her to the vet this morning and it's pneumonia. Gave me nuflor for her so hope she improves now. If she makes it would she be susceptible to it again and would I be as well to send her to factory in a month or two.

Unfortunately she died at the weekend. Thought she had improved after the nuflor but damage must have been done

Advertisement