Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan - parking in towns/cities

Options
  • 18-04-2019 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking at purchasing a converted camper in the near future. Probably along the lines of a lwb sprinter/crafter around the mid to late 2000s era depending on model.

How are these for generally parking when not at capsites. Main query would be for parking in supermarkets or towns - Can it be a lot of hassle with the length?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Can be a little awkward in tight car-parks, I usually aim mine for the perimeter spaces, near corners: usually easier to get out of.

Streetside, no problem: my Van is a converted Relay, really just like a plumber's or any trade van: and if a builder or delivery guy can park a van there, so can you.

Not indefinitely, mind: though I have camped overnight on streetside when needs must.

You'll have to get used to the extra length, -- and the reversing camera is a most welcome helper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Parking in towns in what country(-ies)? If you're taking the 'van to the continent, there's usually no problem with getting into/out of supermarket and other surface carparks, and it's pretty common (and tolerated) to see MHs occupying two spaces, usually in the outer parts of the carpark. However, there's an ever-increasing number of towns setting up Low Emission Zones for which a 2000-era diesel doesn't make the grade. Not much we can do about it.

For info: I spent two nights parked streetside in Lyon at the weekend, on the banks of the Rhône. No problem other than the slope!

Advertisement