Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

IF they do occupy bus lanes, luas tracks etc - public transport- it’s going to annoy an awful lot of ppl suffice to say it is going against their green agenda too I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They're making very vague demands that the government should do something, but have little to no ideas of their own on how to save the planet.
    Well whatever it is they want it NOW- protests always want it now!

IF they do occupy bus lanes, luas tracks etc - public transport- it’s going to annoy an awful lot of ppl suffice to say it is going against their green agenda too I would think
    Too much of Les Mis and dreaming of 68 at work! TBF I think they'll have a degree of support for one day. Can't see that patience lasting a whole week.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Too much of Les Mis and dreaming of 68 at work! TBF I think they'll have a degree of support for one day. Can't see that patience lasting a whole week.

But do you see the Point about targeting public transport? It is counter to their aims. Surely they want as many as possible to take public transport to reduce emissions

But do you see the Point about targeting public transport? It is counter to their aims. Surely they want as many as possible to take public transport to reduce emissions
    I actually don't see much point to them at all. They have no realistic aims, no concept of anything real world and strategies that set out to alienate a whole lot of people.

• Advertisement

I mean if they go after high powered super cars, SUVs, etc they are being consistent with the message

But is it that the folks using public transport are fair game too??!

I mean if they go after high powered super cars, SUVs, etc they are being consistent with the message

But is it that the folks using public transport are fair game too??!
    Like all campaigns it's the oxygen of publicity they crave. Taking it to the heart of Dublin does that. I don't think they care much about anything while they are protesting even if better public transport is one of their demands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1180763182777929729

A ''Citizen's Assembly'' peopled by millenarian morons like these? No thanks.

I support them broadly

I want dublin airport activity wound down over the next 5 years.

I want green taxes especially on the worst offenders in terms of emissions

I want ppl to wake up and take effective action

It IS a climate emergency

But I would just caution them not to p1ss off joe public in these protests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I support them broadly

It's Climate Hysteria and a whole lot of people have swallowed it hook,line and sinker.

The majority though who have logical and balanced minds didn't - these would be mainly working tax payers who see the stuff you are promoting for what it is - absolute bull**** of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

It be raining later so they won't come out in that.

But if I can't home on my bus today, I will be driving in for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I support their general idea, but not sure how making life harder for the everyman/woman will help their cause.

I'm lucky I can walk to and from work, but if I was still reliant on the bus or luas I'd be pretty pissed off. I need my job, I need to to live (and it also provides my medical insurance for my MS, so pretty important I don't get sacked).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I support them broadly

So what are you going to do about the sun that got hotter over the last 100 years? We don’t see any mention of this. It’s probably the main cause of any weather changes that scientist keep going on about.

I see 21 of the morons got arrested in the UK already.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    So what are you going to do about the sun that got hotter over the last 100 years? We don’t see any mention of this. It’s probably the main cause of any weather changes that scientist keep going on about.

I see 21 of the morons got arrested in the UK already.
    That was pre-emptive, which comes with its own issues.

It's Climate Hysteria and a whole lot of people have swallowed it hook,line and sinker.

The majority though who have logical and balanced minds didn't - these would be mainly working tax payers who see the stuff you are promoting for what it is - absolute bull**** of the highest order.

Have a look at how high co2 emissions are in the atmosphere. Highest ever recorded over millions of years. It definitely is an emergency.

Have a look at how high co2 emissions are in the atmosphere. Highest ever recorded over millions of years. It definitely is an emergency.

Just like after the ice age c02 shot up, that melted the ice.

Considering CO2 emissions only first started being monitored in the 1950's, I don't think you have "millons of years" of records to compare it to - which makes your statement hysterical & inaccurate.

Considering CO2 emissions only first started being monitored in the 1950's, I don't think you have "millons of years" of records to compare it to - which makes your statement hysterical & inaccurate.

Please see the attachment

Please see the attachment

A badly put together powerpoint slide with absolutely no sources or references for the data it displays is your ace in the sleeve?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Zorya wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1180763182777929729

A ''Citizen's Assembly'' peopled by millenarian morons like these? No thanks.
    Have they ever heard of Democracy . How come so many people want to subvert Democracy these days ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

I heard that they're prepared to get arrested.

Says a lot about these people that they have nothing to lose so are willing to get arrested. No jobs to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

They have a pink version of the yacht ready to go this time in dublin. Was on the news.

How logical ! :confused: - good thinking there Watsons ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Are any of these crusty cretins protesting in Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Traffic came to a standstill on my road this morning.

Bloody cows crossing the road to get milked having had their babies stolen from them. It's an an absolute disgrace Joe:D

Good job I have one of their cousins in my freezer.. that'll teach them !!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

lleti wrote: »
    I heard that they're prepared to get arrested.

Says a lot about these people that they have nothing to lose so are willing to get arrested. No jobs to lose.
    Not really. I'm involved in a local XR group and every one of us, as far as I'm aware, have jobs.

Why don’t they go after the 1% that have benefited most from economic policies down the years .

I mean direct action against those and demanding of taxes off that cadre .

Many of these protestors are from well off backgrounds themselves and they want to put taxes on ordinary working people .

Its tax the poor to make some well off people feel better ! !

Traffic came to a standstill on my road this morning.

Bloody cows crossing the road to get milked having had their babies stolen from them. It's an an absolute disgrace Joe:D

Good job I have one of their cousins in my freezer.. that'll teach them !!
    A t least they are not trying to tax you .

blinding wrote: »
    Why don’t they go after the 1% that have benefited most from economic policies down the years .

Many of these protestors are from well off backgrounds themselves and they want to put taxes on ordinary working people .

Without a doubt it’s the well off people and families that are banging on about climate change mostly.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Without a doubt it’s the well off people and families that are banging on about climate change mostly.
    And they want to tax poor working class people to make themselves feel better .

Why don’t they say ; “ We the Wealthy will get this “ ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

blinding wrote: »

The government ensuring a just transition is one of XR Ireland's three central demands.

Advertisement