Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Oh how we laughed. So original and witty you are. Take a bow good man good man

You didn’t even bother with the march today. You are throwing out shyte like stopping flights etc yet you weren’t bothered to take one days annual leave to support XR. You’re a spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It makes about as much sense you do - I for one laughed at that comment.

Look horror scope I don’t care if you are a denialist. Your choice. Gladly your views are very much in the extreme fringes along with flat earthers and Area 51 tin foil hat crew. You should read a bit, look up a few videos on the topic on YouTube , you’ll see sense at some stage. No interest in getting into a tit for tat with some internet climate denialist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

To anyone with half a brain, basic human survival is better than a world without McDonald's outlets.

You can scoff all you like, it isn't just the muesli-munchers who are saying this. I grew up on a beef and dairy farm, most of my family still work in those industries. I've never hugged a tree. But I have at least a basic bit of cop-on, enough to believe that climate change isn't a conspiracy theory.

If you're under 50, the science suggests that we will witness the return of starvation in some of the world's poorest regions in your lifetime. If you're under 30, you'll see unprecedented mass migration and crop failure; if those reactions don't work, you'll see entire populations of hukans disappearing in your old age.

But try telling that to the anti migration brigade.

And what harm if there are millions killed of starvation, it will be just the planet bringing itself into equilibrium again, because let’s face it there are too many humans on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,268 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

_Brian wrote: »
    I drove 120km, my wife drove 85km
    It’s great some people can cycle but it’s not for everybody.

It should be for more people. Imagine every household had 2 cars, that’s hardly something to aspire to but you rural folk are far less carbon efficient than city dwellers.

You didn’t even bother with the march today. You are throwing out shyte like stopping flights etc yet you weren’t bothered to take one days annual leave to support XR. You’re a spoofer.

Never said stop flights

I said on other threads before but for convenience.

Green tax on the carriers
    Green tax on the daa
    Green levy on the individual airline tickets
    Heavier levy on corporate/business tickets

Most business meetings can be conducted by the likes of Skype these days. No need to fly.

Someone on another thread suggested a token system so everyone gets say 1 flight a year. I’m open to that.

Google how much carbon emission one transatlantic flight is responsible for.

Until aviation is carbon neutral I say it needs to be wound down big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

To anyone with half a brain, basic human survival is better than a world without McDonald's outlets.

You can scoff all you like, it isn't just the muesli-munchers who are saying this. I grew up on a beef and dairy farm, most of my family still work in those industries. I've never hugged a tree. But I have at least a basic bit of cop-on, enough to believe that climate change isn't a conspiracy theory.

If you're under 50, the science suggests that we will witness the return of starvation in some of the world's poorest regions in your lifetime. If you're under 30, you'll see unprecedented mass migration and crop failure; if we can't respond, you'll see entire populations of humans disappearing in your old age.

But try telling that to the anti migration brigade.

I think you’ll find that starvation has never gone away and the vast majority of it has been caused by tin pot quasi governments lining their pockets and allowing their nations to go to hell.
    Much of current starvation is happening on the few remaining communist states that some posters here have been idolising in recent posts.

Never said stop flights

I said on other threads before but for convenience.

Green tax on the carriers
    Green tax on the daa
    Green levy on the individual airline tickets
    Heavier levy on corporate/business tickets

Most business meetings can be conducted by the likes of Skype these days. No need to fly.

Google how much carbon emission one transatlantic flight is responsible for.

And yet you didn’t even bother using one days annual leave to boost the numbers protesting. Pathetic. Reminds me of Homer Simpson as the garbage commissioner, “Can’t someone else do it?”

It should be for more people. Imagine every household had 2 cars, that’s hardly something to aspire to but you rural folk are far less carbon efficient than city dwellers.

That’s because rural folk know that plants need carbon to survive

Panch18 wrote: »
    And what harm if there are millions killed of starvation, it will be just the planet bringing itself into equilibrium again, because let’s face it there are too many humans on the planet.

From a purely selfish point of view, maybe consider the fact that most intelligent humans won't allow themselves to become extinct. If you thought migration was bad now, wait until humans are faced with extinction in parts of Africa and Asia. They won't be coming on banana boats with asylum requests. They'll be telling you to get out of the way, and they'll mean it.

So it would be better to slap a congestion charge on city traffic than carbon tax on fuel for rural dwellers, at least there is an alternative for commuters in cities.

• Advertisement

Plenty, PLENTY of ppl worried about climate change cannot attend the protest. That’s life Weldon, that’s what happens at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Look horror scope I don’t care if you are a denialist. Your choice. Gladly your views are very much in the extreme fringes along with flat earthers and Area 51 tin foil hat crew. You should read a bit, look up a few videos on the topic on YouTube , you’ll see sense at some stage. No interest in getting into a tit for tat with some internet climate denialist.

Hahaha the neck of you calling me a “denialist” when you don’t have a single scientific fact to stand on! You are deluded like the rest of the XR crew and think you are somehow a majority who will be listened to - newsflash pal, there is a silent majority who don’t believe any of this and you are fooling yourself to think otherwise. You think a few crusty students and woke types blocking up the streets to get carbon taxes introduced is going to get anywhere? The government will try your recommendations and they will be murdered in the election by the majority. We’re just letting you have your 15 mins, XR will be forgotten about and buried by next month.

From a purely selfish point of view, maybe consider the fact that most intelligent humans won't allow themselves to become extinct. If you thought migration was bad now, wait until humans are faced with extinction in parts of Africa and Asia. They won't be coming on banana boats with asylum requests. They'll be telling you to get out of the way, and they'll mean it.

We can build a wall!!

So it would be better to alp a congestion charge on city traffic than carbon tax on fuel for rural dwellers, at least there is an alternative for commuters in cities.

Rural people choose to live in the middle of nowhere. If you live in towns and cities you’ll have public transport and cycling would be an option.

Plenty, PLENTY of ppl worried about climate change cannot attend the protest. That’s life Weldon, that’s what happens at times.

There are also plenty, PLENTY that could, but couldn’t be arsed to use up an annual leave day, and that is absolutely pathetic.

It’s a climate emergency, but damned if I’m gonna use up an annual leave day. Hahahahaha.

Ah if you gave any kind of a **** at all you would have gone instead of on here preaching ****e that you clearly know very little about

Hahaha the neck of you calling me a “denialist” when you don’t have a single scientific fact to stand on! You are deluded like the rest of the XR crew and think you are somehow a majority who will be listened to - newsflash pal, there is a silent majority who don’t believe any of this and you are fooling yourself to think otherwise. You think a few crusty students and woke types blocking up the streets to get carbon taxes introduced is going to get anywhere? The government will try your recommendations and they will be murdered in the election by the majority. We’re just letting you have your 15 mins, XR will be forgotten about and buried by next month.

Again go and have a read of the serious literature on climate change. Plenty of it out there. You’ve no excuse. Not getting into the whys and wherefores with ya. Go and have a bit of a research session and come back and let everyone know how you get on. I’m not bothering to respond other than that.

Rural people choose to live in the middle of nowhere. If you live in towns and cities you’ll have public transport and cycling would be an option.

Yea, cycling tontue farm, suppose I can tie a trailer tontue bike and move goods round the place.

But unfair grouping him with those who actually protested. He couldn’t be bothered. He’s a spoofer.

Just a general observation. Some ppl think if they ignore it hard enough this problem will go away quietly.

That’s not how climate science and basic environmental physics works.

• Advertisement

Yea, cycling tontue farm, suppose I can tie a trailer tontue bike and move goods round the place.

That’s the spirit. I thought all you farmers are skint anyway, mr fancy two cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Been a while since the "silent majority" was mentioned. They did great electing Casey (twice) alright.

Thats a staple of the deluded. Great to see.

Again go and have a read of the serious literature on climate change. Plenty of it out there. You’ve no excuse. Not getting into the whys and wherefores with ya. Go and have a bit of a research session and come back and let everyone know how you get on. I’m not bothering to respond other than that.

Here’s a shocking statement that will rattle your gentle bones - I don’t ****ing care. Not in the slightest, not one single bit. I have a life to live and when it’s done, I’m done - I couldn’t give a flying **** what happens afterwards.

Here’s a shocking statement that will rattle your gentle bones - I don’t ****ing care. Not in the slightest, not one single bit. I have a life to live and when it’s done, I’m done - I couldn’t give a flying **** what happens afterwards.

Good on ya. I don’t particularly care about your opinion either to be quite frank with you.

What I do care about is the macro level. Systemic global change. Transitioning from fossil fuel dependence to a Carbon neutral civilization. We don’t have much choice about it so nothing particularly heroic about me advocating it.

Why am I not suprised you are unmarried and childless.

Panch18 wrote: »
    We can build a wall!!
    You are presumably joking, but I think that's a real mentality that exists. I think there's a real assumption that Ireland, or Europe, can ignore climate change and withstand mass migration in the next 50 to 70 years.

There is a staggering irony in the notion that climate change activism threatens our way of life, but mass migration - based on known scientific variables - will not. It's bordering on satire.

Anyway, I'm not particularly bothered. I think the chances are that real change is beyond our capafity anyway. We might as well get this over and done with tbh.

Good on ya. I don’t particularly care about your opinion either to be quite frank with you.

What I do care about is the macro level. Systemic global change. Transitioning from fossil fuel dependence to a Carbon neutral civilization. We don’t have much choice about it so nothing particularly heroic about me advocating it.

Do you even know what carbon neutral actually means??

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why am I not suprised you are unmarried and childless.

Wrong on both counts but what is to be expected from dramatic climate emergency clowns like yourself?

You aren’t DOING anything, heroic or otherwise. Haha. You are typing nonsense on a message board. You weren’t even arsed to protest this “emergency” today. Hilarious.

• Advertisement

Wrong on both counts but what is to be expected from dramatic climate emergency clowns like yourself?

Oh they are so lucky then do they know you "dont give a **** what happens to them when your gone"?

Advertisement