Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Do you have any reason, based on scientific evidence, to call him a wingnut?

Huge if true.

He’s lying on the ground blocking traffic. Wingnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1181184150549737472

That is the type of absolute wingnut you are dealing with.

Not a good image for them, you can see from the response it has allot of people calling his mental fitness into question.

Probably doing the whole climate change piece more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Rte news, didn't even mention the rebellion on their headlines!

He’s lying on the ground blocking traffic. Wingnut.

You are definitely a serious and intelligent person. Best of luck with it all.

Why did he have a picture of his kids with him?

All a stunt, planned to cry in front of the TV cameras?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Just seen a photo from today of some girl holding a sign that says “climate change is realer than your wife’s orgasms”
    Is it a feministy type of thing father?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

reminds of people weeping on the streets of pyongyang when the Dear Leader died

Just seen a photo from today of some girl holding a sign that says “climate change is realer than your wife’s orgasms”
    Is it a feministy type of thing father?

Realer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The fake crying was so pathetic. I fear for his children's future too, with an unhinged drama queen like him for a father.

How embarrassed will those kids be if they ever see that clip when they grow up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

So if I have this right

The activists want us to dramatically alter our lifestyles and dramatically cut global economic growth which WILL lead to millions dying

Or the alternative is

We do nothing, continue as we are and continue to take hundreds of millions out of poverty and raise the standard of living for literally billions of people and after a certain amount of time there is a remote possibility that there will be some changes in the environment which will lead to millions dying

So effectively we end up in the same place!! Let’s enjoy the journey I reckon!!

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

Thebfake crying was so pathetic. I fear for his children's future too, with an unhinged drama queen like him for a father.

Imagine being a child and just wanting to spend your Saturday playing computer games but your crusty father drags you off to a protest march with a bunch of weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Why do so many of these climate change people suffer from mental health issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

The fake crying was so pathetic. I fear for his children's future too, with an unhinged drama queen like him for a father.

My God, that is very embarrassing for whoever he is related to. These extinction rebellion fruit loops are mostly mentally unstable individuals that should be locked up with the key thrown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

It's filling the vacuum that religion left behind. Attracts the same kind of fanatics.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

24hr access to the internet and humans naturally gravitate towards doom and gloom stories. Very unhealthy.

NIMAN wrote: »
    How embarrassed will those kids be if they ever see that clip when they grow up?

My God, that is very embarrassing for whoever he is related to.

Why do people think embarrassment is such a catastrophe? I'd far prefer to be embarrassed, than say, rejecting the laws of physics. Embarrassment is fleeting, being wrong about fundamental scientific evidence might persist interminably.

Yeah his reaction was too emotional and yes, embarrassing. But the question we have to ask ouselves is whether we are only embarrassing ourselves or whether the laws of physics are correct, and the globe is heating at a fairly catastrophic rate. Bit of perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Panch18 wrote: »
    So if I have this right

The activists want us to dramatically alter our lifestyles and dramatically cut global economic growth which WILL lead to millions dying

Or the alternative is

We do nothing, continue as we are and continue to take hundreds of millions out of poverty and raise the standard of living for literally billions of people and after a certain amount of time there is a remote possibility that there will be some changes in the environment which will lead to millions dying

So effectively we end up in the same place!! Let’s enjoy the journey I reckon!!

poverty is good for the environment

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

Just listening to one of XR's spokesmen talking on the 9 news about excessive carbon emissions and that's all fine but that's as a result of the world being over-populated.

It's disappointing that they appear not to even realise what the real problem is. Either we start reducing our populations voluntarily or the planet will do it for us.

Reducing carbon emissions without tackling population increase is only putting sticking plasters on the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

NIMAN wrote: »
    Rte news, didn't even mention the rebellion on their headlines!

Should they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Do people actually think the world is ending in 10 years or is that a meme?

I'm not convinced the world didn't end in 2012,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

railer201 wrote: »
    Just listening to one of XR's spokesmen talking on the 9 news about excessive carbon emissions and that's all fine but that's as a result of the world being over-populated.

It's disappointing that they appear not to even realise what the real problem is. Either we start reducing our populations voluntarily or the planet will do it for us.

Reducing carbon emissions without tackling population increase is only putting sticking plasters on the problem.

People are too selfish to not have kids, it’s the one thing they can do to really make an impact.

Lots of hypocrites.

Why are they so ugly? Maybe they are blaming the climate for their ugliness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

This is the fruits of social media for the past 10/15 years.

This is the society is has fostered. Sad times indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Why do people think embarrassment is such a catastrophe? I'd far prefer to be embarrassed, than say, rejecting the laws of physics. Embarrassment is fleeting, being wrong about fundamental scientific evidence might persist interminably.

Yeah his reaction was too emotional and yes, embarrassing. But the question we have to ask ouselves is whether we are only embarrassing ourselves or whether the laws of physics are correct, and the globe is heating at a fairly catastrophic rate. Bit of perspective?

A bit of perspective wouldn’t go amiss.... - have you ever heard of the Eocene era and what happened with climate during that time? This is nothing new

railer201 wrote: »

You know where the door is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

lleti wrote: »
    This is the fruits of social media for the past 10/15 years.

This is the society is has fostered. Sad times indeed.

Cancer Media: Commoditing Human Stupit.

Seriously if people want change they need to be ready to push for viable alternatives and not expect a small country to be able to do everything. At the end of the day any changes we might do are meaningless unlese theyre EU wide and the US and China actually shift their arses.

A bit of perspective wouldn’t go amiss.... - have you ever heard of the Eocene era and what happened with climate during that time? This is nothing new
    You're right, it's nothing new. But the eocene era is a good justification for the belief that global temperature will rise by an apocalyptic 10 degrees by 2100, as opposed to 5 degrees, and the latter scenario might only cause us to amalgamate with populations from Africa and parts of Asia and the Middle East.

Drastic global changes in temperatures are nothing new. That's true. This one is different to previous episodes in that it might be réversible. Or it might be too late, who knows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I’m planning on lighting one of my farts later . Is that eco stuff .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

People are too selfish to not have kids, it’s the one thing they can do to really make an impact.

Lots of hypocrites.

Problems are never solved until the root causes are identified, all we have here are the 'posh' protesting, screwing up workers lives and solving sweet FA.

Advertisement