Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Well people keep going on about introducing wolves - why? there's no room for them in Ireland and probably hasn't been in centuries.

Off topic but as I have said on other threads There would be room to roam for them if they extended the national park network and used corridors to join up the national parks. It’s not rocket science. It can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Off topic but as I have said on other threads There would be room to roam for them if they extended the national park network and used corridors to join up the national parks. It’s not rocket science. It can be done.

Ok but it's never going to happen in Ireland, it's a moot point

Ok but it's never going to happen in Ireland, it's a moot point

Well maybe not but it’s a part of the Green Party wishlist if they get into coalition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Will you compensate the sheep farmers for their losses, or do you propose to ask the wolves you are keen on to leave the sheep alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Well maybe not but it’s a part of the Green Party wishlist if they get into coalition

You won't need to worry about that so, there is more chance of introducing unicorns than the Greens ever having a say in the country again.

• Advertisement

You won't need to worry about that so, there is more chance of introducing unicorns than the Greens ever having a say in the country again.

Wouldn’t be so sure. They had a great local and European election last time out. But anyway, off topic so...I’ll give it a wide berth

Wouldn’t be so sure. They had a great local and European election last time out. But anyway, off topic so...I’ll give it a wide berth

No they really didn't because there was barely any turn out from the voting public, a GE will be a different story.

Will you compensate the sheep farmers for their losses, or do you propose to ask the wolves you are keen on to leave the sheep alone?

I’m suggesting a national park system. No sheep required. Deer -native species possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I’m suggesting a national park system. No sheep required. Deer -native species possibly.

How would you create more national parks? Are there any areas sparsely populated enough for this? I climbed Carrauntoohil in the summer, there were sheep at the summit, AFAIK even those reeks don't belong to the gov?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

lleti wrote: »

What. The. Actual...

What are these absolute plebs up to?

• Advertisement

So you're going to tell the wolves only to eat deer and stay in the national park? You're not really familiar with predators such as wolves and how opportunistic they are. Thankfully this crazy suggestion from the Greens will never happen but it does show how disconnected they are from reality in some cases.

How would you create more national parks? Are there any areas sparsely populated enough for this? I climbed Carrauntoohil in the summer, there were sheep at the summit, AFAIK even those reeks don't belong to the gov?

This is off topic. But how to creat national parks- compulsory purchase orders could be used. This country could be a premier eco tourism destination if only ppl would lift their eyes to the horizon and step back and look at the vision. We could compete for film settings also along with eco tourism. Huge tree planting to replace our native forestry. I don’t just mean spruce trees. A mix.

And as well. Comms Tech is improving monthly at this stage. You could be sitting in the middle of an Irish National Park Skyping Apple hq in Palo Alto. There’s no need to be physically there any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I don't eat tofu or quinoa, I'm not even really sure what quinoa is, some kind of grain I think. I'm not a vegan though. It's about doing the least amount of damage, so importing and exporting food isn't going to go away, but if we change to a more plant based diet and cut down on meat, there'll be far more land to give back to nature, around the world. Your beloved farmers are importing millions of tonnes of soya from south America to feed cows, and maize too. I don't care if people eat beef, I'd just rather the country wasn't one big green desert for feeding cows, and we can't even grow enough grass to feed them.
    What kind of f*cking moron wants wolves in Ireland given you can't walk 100 meters in our so called countryside without hitting a road or a house or a cow? Obviously there's no room for them so why anyone would take a suggestion like that seriously is beyond me.

Again bulk****..

Farmers are not "importing millions of tonnes of soya from south America to feed cows, and maize too."

The soy meal here used in supplementary feed used here is the waste product of soy oil processing. That feed only makes up a tiny proportion of the largely grass fed diet of cattle here. But you know that already.

And as to what's imported whether soy meal or corn or whatever - these feedstuffs are used to feed all animals not just cattle. And interestingly enough chicken and pigs but also horses and domestic pets. The feedstuffs come from all around the world btw.

The continued horn for farmers blaming them for just about everything is truely inexplicable. And yet you keep repeating the same rubbish again again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see some clown has been arrested for preventing an Aer Lingus plane from taking off. He should be imprisoned for 5 years and banned from travel from all airlines and ferry companies for this terrorist act. Would be interesting how he would get home then, perhaps Greta could transport the multi million Euro yacht to take him home?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/1010/1082321-aerlingus-protest/

This is off topic. But how to creat national parks- compulsory purchase orders could be used. This country could be a premier eco tourism destination if only ppl would lift their eyes to the horizon and step back and look at the vision. We could compete for film settings also along with eco tourism. Huge tree planting to replace our native forestry. I don’t just mean spruce trees. A mix.

And as well. Comms Tech is improving monthly at this stage. You could be sitting in the middle of an Irish National Park Skyping Apple hq in Palo Alto. There’s no need to be physically there any longer.

Ah yes, helicopter safaris over the wildlands of rural Ireland. Will you get real ffs.

Ah yes, helicopter safaris over the wildlands of rural Ireland. Will you get real ffs.

Dunno where you pulled helicopters out of it. Considering I’m advocating less not more emissions.

Not just wolves- I think we should reintroduce dinosaurs as well. They used to be native here.

Let's rename ourselves Jurassic Island. The revenue would be immense. Think of the spinoffs!

I see some clown has been arrested for preventing an Aer Lingus plane from taking off. He should be imprisoned for 5 years and banned from travel from all airlines and ferry companies for this terrorist act. Would be interesting how he would get home then, perhaps Greta could transport the multi million Euro yacht to take him home?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/1010/1082321-aerlingus-protest/

Fair play to the protestor

Time has well passed for pussy footing around these issues

Just FYI I was totally against that drunk plonker who ran onto the runway a few months ago trying to flag down a plane he was planning on going on a cheapo holiday with but he was so bladdered he missed the check in deadlne

But this is legitimate protest and I can get on board with that.

Fair play to the protestorTime has well passed for pussy footing around these issuesJust FYI I was totally against that drunk plonker who ran onto the runway a few months ago

The guy is an idiot and should be jailed.

gozunda wrote: »

Legitimate protest in this instance. The plane actually did take off so no real disruption was caused.

• Advertisement
    M

He looks to have serious mental health issues that he thought that was a legitimate thing to do.

M

Legitimate protest in this instance. The plane actually did take off so no real disruption was caused.

If it was a US bound plane he might have got a bullet in the chest from the air Marshall.

Not just wolves- I think we should reintroduce dinosaurs as well. They used to be native here.

Let's rename ourselves Jurassic Island. The revenue would be immense. Think of the spinoffs!

Yeah but how would you get all the tourists here?considering some idiots want air travel stopped. The dinosaurs would hold no appeal to the native population after a period of time.

If it was a US bound plane he might have got a bullet in the chest from the air Marshall.

Presumably the air Marshall would face severe consequences in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The plane should have ran him over - much cheaper.

Yeah but how would you get all the tourists here?considering some idiots want air travel stopped. The dinosaurs would hold no appeal to the native population after a period of time.

We could eat them once we've fed them all the cows!

But dont worry about tourists having to fly. According to the climate alarmist loons R&D are going to come up with solutions to suck all the carbon out of the atmosphere by 2030. They will also have invented teleportation by then. So all is going to plan ...

Presumably the air Marshall would face severe consequences in that case.

He'd probably get a round of applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Fair play to the protestor

Time has well passed for pussy footing around these issues...

What does he hope to achieve... apart from a criminal record ?

These losers have nothing else going on in their lives and want to feel like they are worth something in society by highlighting these issues.

They just come across as mentally unstable losers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

Fruit cake.

Climate terrorism is what this is. Frightening people going about their day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Every time I see these ‘climate change’ or ‘extinction rebellion Ireland’ I think; no I hope it’s factoring in the indigenous populations

Advertisement