Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

20Cent wrote: »
    Out of interest what sources do you believe in relation to climate change?

Independent varified science, not bull**** from alarmists with an agenda. Oh and definitely not the hypocrites that want others to change their behaviour but carry on as before themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Independent varified science, not bull**** from alarmists with an agenda. Oh and definitely not the hypocrites that want others to change their behaviour but carry on as before themselves.

That course is made by Dr. Michael E. Mann who is a very well respected climate scientist.

Who do you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

Decades ago and probably more so in the UK during WW2, you were given a reward for bringing plastic and glass bottles back to shops. And milk bottles were recycled by the milkman after a quick wash.
    Nowadays everything is manufacture and throwaway. People are lazy and also have a higher standard of living and look at the reuse of bottles as primitive.

We definitely should incentivise people to return plastic bottles to shops. Large softdrink manufacturers should be made accountable for their bottles after use, either by having them returned to shops with a reward or some other method.

We should view companies like those as we view tobacco companies.

Returning them to shops does nothing. It ends up in a landfill anyway. Reusable is the only way to go. I see people with keepcups everywhere now. That needs to be incentivised for every product that comes in a container.

That course is made by Dr. Michael E. Mann who is a very well respected climate scientist.

Who do you recommend?

Where does Dr Mann get his funding?

Where does Dr Mann get his funding?

Dunno.
    Who do you recommend to read?

• Advertisement

Dunno.
    Who do you recommend to read?

So you don't know but you want people to listen to him? lol.

So you don't know but you want people to listen to him? lol.

I'd imagine lots of different sources of funding. He's peer review published and won lots of awards. His course is also recommended by other climate scientists.

Who do you recommend as an authority on it?

I'd imagine lots of different sources of funding. He's peer review published and won lots of awards. His course is also recommended by other climate scientists.

Who do you recommend as an authority on it?

Soz dude but it's you who name checked someone when I asked you where he gets his funding your response is ' dunno' ' I imagine'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Soz dude but it's you who name checked someone when I asked you where he gets his funding your response is ' dunno' ' I imagine'.

Mann's funding primarily comes from:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
    National Science Foundation.
    ‎Pennsylvania State University.

Which scientists support your point of view?

Lots of sources.
    Anyway who do you recommend.

Sure looks like you're spoofing.

• Advertisement

Lots of sources.

"Soz dude" is a bit of a give away.

"Soz dude" is a bit of a give away.

'Dunno' is a bit of a give away for me.

'Dunno' is a bit of a give away for me.

So, your scientists?

Lots of sources.

What spoofing? I asked you whom funds the person you name checked your responses consisted of 'dunno and I imagine'. If you're not even aware of his funding stream what makes you sure of his credibility?

What spoofing? I asked you whom funds the person you name checked your responses consisted of 'dunno and I imagine'. If you're not even aware of his funding stream what makes you sure of his credibility?

His publications, his qualification, awards he's been given and the jobs he's had. In addition the respect and recommendations of his peers.

Who do you think people should check out on the issue?

His publications, his qualification, awards he's been given and the jobs he's had. In addition the respect and recommendations of his peers.

Who do you think people should check out on the issue?

Again I asked you where his funding stream comes from, I didn't ask you for his CV. I always take heed of who provides the funding .

Again I asked you where his funding stream comes from, I didn't ask you for his CV. I always take heed of who provides the funding .

Your scientists?

Lots of different sources, like any scientist. Different studies will have different funding.

Lots of different sources, like any scientist. Different studies will have different funding.

Far easier for you to stick with your original answer so of 'dunno'.

So, no scientists. Pity.

• Advertisement

Your scientists?

I don't employ any.

I don't employ any.

So you make things up in your head. Okay.

So you make things up in your head. Okay.

Didn't make anything up at all I asked a poster a question about a scientist they name checked somehow your cage got rattled and you jumped in expecting me to address questions you put to me. The beauty of this site is I can choose to respond or to ignore. So you can toddle off now and annoy someone else.

Didn't make anything up at all I asked a poster a question about a scientist they name checked somehow your cage got rattled and you jumped in expecting me to address questions you put to me. The beauty of this site is I can choose to respond or to ignore. So you can toddle off now and annoy someone else.

Au contraire. This is you when asked about what sources you believe in relation to climate change:

"Independent varified science, not bull**** from alarmists with an agenda. Oh and definitely not the hypocrites that want others to change their behaviour but carry on as before themselves."

You seem unable to name any of your "Independent varified" scientists. Only saying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

The government and the large corporate agenda are pushing that the solution to saving the environment is electric cars high , tech heating systems etc etc etc, producing, buying, consuming and continually replacing more and more and more technology and products. . faster and faster rat race . . the real solution is everyone going back to a much simpler happier lifestyle.

Au contraire. This is you when asked about what sources you believe in relation to climate change:

"Independent varified science, not bull**** from alarmists with an agenda. Oh and definitely not the hypocrites that want others to change their behaviour but carry on as before themselves."

You seem unable to name any of your "Independent varified" scientists. Only saying.

I said independent varified science I didn't say scientists. ;-) please don't twist my words. Anyway now of questions were addressed to you. So find someone else to annoy please.
    An example of an alarmist would be that tool Gore that was suggesting we would all have to develop gills because of rising seas yet invested in beach front properties.

I said independent varified science I didn't say scientists. ;-)

Oh right. Science written by not scientists. Gotcha.

Oh right. Science written by not scientists. Gotcha.

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I didn't write down much on the day but the little I wrote down was Jerusalem artichoke captures 6 tons of carbon per acre, a mature forest captures 3 to 4tons

Quote from bio farming event.

Not a revelation that mature forest isn't as good as other crops, artichoke stood out in his mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Robert_Beach

high_king wrote: »
    The government and the large corporate agenda are pushing that the solution to saving the environment is electric cars high , tech heating systems etc etc etc, producing, buying, consuming and continually replacing more and more and more technology and products. . faster and faster rat race . . the real solution is everyone going back to a much simpler happier lifestyle.

Well said. Our current pace of life is not one that can continue. We need to cut back in every aspect of life

Advertisement