Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Aw Chris tried so hard . Craig was mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

What a waste of Vincent. I was expecting that Argentine to be fabulous!! Amy was great, Karim walked about.

Kelvin definitely stole the show, he's through imo. Can't call the others. Emma and Karim probably but wouldn't be surprised if Chris makes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Me four. :D

The Four Muskateers !
    (Well , I could hardly say The Four Stooges now could I ? :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It's kelvins to lose

Karim was by no means perfect

My daughter just voted 3 for Kelvin for me !!
    Karim did not deserve a 10 , his lift was bad

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My daughter just voted 3 for Kelvin for me !!
    Karim did not deserve a 10 , his lift was bad

Motsi needs to go. Totally crazy scoring tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I still don’t get Karim or his dancing. I was in awe of Emma and Anton’s waltz, stunning , musicality. A well deserved 10 from Bruno. Though more content needed all round. Was hoping for more from Kelvin’s paso.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I still don’t get Karim or his dancing. I was in awe of Emma and Anton’s waltz, stunning , musicality. A well deserved 10 from Bruno. Though more content needed all round. Was hoping for more from Kelvin’s paso.

I thought it was interesting what the judges said about Karim, (or at least how I interpreted it) that he isn't authentic. I think the other three appear to be very genuine.

Chris isn't the greatest dancer, but he sure gives it his heart and soul. And always meets the comments with humour and humility.
    Kelvin has to get to the final. It will be unfair, in my opinion, if he doesn't.

I loved Emma and Anton's waltz. I don't know enough about dancing to know if it was perfect or not, but I thought it was so beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ah poor Karim, I thought he looked like a little boy dancing with his mummy when he danced the Argentine tango.
    Loved Emma's waltz.
    Karim v Chris in the dance-off I reckon.
    Craig may have been a tad harsh with Chris's rumba but that was equalled with the overmarking from the other three judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Heroditas wrote: »
    Ah poor Karim, I thought he looked like a little boy dancing with his mummy when he danced the Argentine tango.
    Loved Emma's waltz.
    Karim v Chris in the dance-off I reckon.
    Craig may have been a tad harsh with Chris's rumba but that was equalled with the overmarking from the other three judges.
    I thought Karim made the whole dance look over-mechanical. It wasn't fluid, it was too intricate, and his balance was definitely off in large parts of it.

I find myself comparing these tangos with Mark Ramprakash's version.
    Boy was that a good one. Unequalled ever since imho. And I think he got a 40 at the time.
    ETA he got 9, 10, 10, 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash were one of my all time favourite couples, I still rewatch them and make comparisons to this day.

I only got to see last night's show in full today. Karim seemed off his game, alright. I did not feel he had any presence in that tango, and to be honest, Amy wasn't that great either.

Loved Emma and Anton, as usual.

Congratulations to Natalie on the birth of her baby boy. Thought she’d go into labour dancing with Rylan on ITT. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7767713/Former-Strictly-Come-Dancing-star-Natalie-Lowe-welcomes-baby-boy-husband-James-Knibbs.html

I havnt looked at the spoiler .....I feel I deserve a medal!!!

Is there a dance off tonight...I’m hoping Karim
    goes tonight! He hardly will if he ends up in a dance off?

I havnt looked at the spoiler .....I feel I deserve a medal!!!

Is there a dance off tonight...I’m hoping Karim
    goes tonight! He hardly will if he ends up in a dance off?

I read it , but won't spoil it for you either :p

• Advertisement

I'm so happy for Emma and Anton !
    Especially Anton tbh , he deserves to be there with such a great partner , after years of getting bad dance partners , imo :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm so happy for Emma and Anton !
    Especially Anton tbh , he deserves to be there with such a great partner , after years of getting bad dance partners , imo :)

Aw me too!

It was the correct result.

Definitely the right result , chuffed for Kelvin and it should be a great final

Looking forward to the final now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Emma looked so beautiful dancing the waltz :) Deserving to be in the final :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ah Chris is such a lovely guy, he was so gracious in defeat. I know he wasn’t the best dancer but he brought such personality to the show.

Should be a super final. What dances would we like to see again? Definitely Emma’s Charleston, Karim’s Jive. Kelvin has has so many fab dances I would find it hard to pick one or two!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Chris was so funny when he said they should all just go home early. :D

He was never going to beat Karim, at dancing, but Chris is such a lovely guy. He went out on a high.

Delighted for Emma and Anton, and Kelvin and Oti.

I would kill to get a look at the costume department of Strictly, the costumes this series have just been stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I wonder is the public going to vote for an Anton win?

ncmc wrote: »
    I would kill to get a look at the costume department of Strictly, the costumes this series have just been stunning.

Really? I thought they were pretty awful for the most part.

The outfits Karen wore last night were the first I liked on her this season

Notably, Bruno said he had to vote to save the best dancer- not for the better performance of the dance off.

Could be a slip of the tongue, but its probably closer to the truth. Chris knew the writing was on the wall.

Karim could have dumped Amy on the ground and they would have saved him.

Anton was in the final in 2015 when Jay won.
    Much better chance this time around. Jay, Georgia May and Kellie were a formidable trio.
    Karim doesn't have the support so it's between Emma and Kelvin.
    Anton must definitely fancy his chances.

Anton was in the final in 2015 when Jay won.
    Much better chance this time around. Jay, Georgia May and Kellie were a formidable trio.
    Karim doesn't have the support so it's between Emma and Kelvin.
    Anton must definitely fancy his chances.

I think that Anton was a bit strange this last couple of weeks. I’d say that this is his last strictly.

I was just thinking the same thing, I felt by the way he was talking tonight that next week could be his last hurrah.

• Advertisement

Who'll look after all the old fogies if he leaves?

Who'll look after all the old fogies if he leaves?

Giovanni. He’s had Debby Magee and Michelle Visage recently.

If Anton did retire from dancing , and wasn't a judge , I would love to see him presenting the show ala Bruce Forsyth ,RIP . I think he'd be a natural at it .

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Cateym

I really want to like Karim but I can't. He's a great dancer but he doesn't dance from the heart. I hope Kelvin wins. I'm afraid Emma will win due a pity vote for Anton...

Giovanni. He’s had Debby Magee and Michelle Visage recently.

Yeah but Giovanni is a far better dancer than Anton! What a waste!

Cateym wrote: »
    I really want to like Karim but I can't. He's a great dancer but he doesn't dance from the heart.

I agree. There's no sincerity there, IMO.

Is the final all down to the public vote? I forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yes, the final is all down to the public vote - the judges still score the dances, but their scores are not taken into account, which is why the best dancer rarely wins.
    I'd be happy to see any of them win - Karim because he's a good technical dancer, even though I can't warm to him and think he over-dances a lot of the time.
    Kelvin has been the obvious stand-out gifted dancer and performer and natural showman of the series, but he also seems to be a genuinely nice, humble, down to earth guy. He has a great future making a mint from doing panto surely, and maybe even musical theatre if he has a decent singing voice!
    Emma has had such a journey though, and she has a following because of being on Eastenders, and the advantage of being partnered with Anton and the whole "Anton's first ever tens! Anton's highest scores ever! Antons first ever glitterball?" rhetoric.
    I suppose Kelvin will have a similar following, seeing as he's a soap actor too, but I'd be surprised if Emma didn't win it really!
    As always I'd be very interested to see the voting breakdown week by week.

Oh, Dear. Darren and Lilia have gone to pot.

• Advertisement

Oh, Dear. Darren and Lilia have gone to pot.

Still fabulous choreographers .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Harsh.

Their commentary is still valid. We'll be seeing more of them on DWTS here in a couple of weeks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I agree they've mostly been fabulous, but Oti's dress for the quickstep this week caught my eye - it looked absolutely amazing, but looked like it weighed a ton with all the blingy stuff on the back/arse, her bum was wobbling all over the place in it!

Kelvin's paso top, on the other hand - euwwwww :eek: . Put me right off me nighttime cornflakes last night when I was finally catching up on the show!

Kelvin is still odds on favourite to lift the glitterball on Saturday night. According to Oddschecker, Kelvin is 4/11, Emma 10/3 and Karim way out there at 12/1. They have had Kelvin as favourite from the beginning so will be interesting to see if Emma can pull off a shock. Interestingly, odds on Anton retiring after this season are 3/1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I agree they've mostly been fabulous, but Oti's dress for the quickstep this week caught my eye - it looked absolutely amazing, but looked like it weighed a ton with all the blingy stuff on the back/arse, her bum was wobbling all over the place in it!

Kelvin's paso top, on the other hand - euwwwww :eek: . Put me right off me nighttime cornflakes last night when I was finally catching up on the show!
    Oti's dress was just stunning!

I hate that sheer top they put the men in, they had Davood wear it a few years back and it just looks awful no matter how buff the man is.

It would have been much nicer without the red sash - that did nothing for the dress.

That seemed to be the theme this year, they stuck on odd bits or even jackets that were unnecessary.

• Advertisement

Oti's dress was just stunning!

I hate that sheer top they put the men in, they had Davood wear it a few years back and it just looks awful no matter how buff the man is.

That lacy see through material is very tacky . A nice crisp white shirt would be so much nicer .

Chris Kamara in a Christmas jumper singing Let it Snow on ITT tonight. Chris Kamara has officially won Christmas :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Kelvin is still odds on favourite to lift the glitterball on Saturday night. According to Oddschecker, Kelvin is 4/11, Emma 10/3 and Karim way out there at 12/1. They have had Kelvin as favourite from the beginning so will be interesting to see if Emma can pull off a shock. Interestingly, odds on Anton retiring after this season are 3/1

See this is the same sh!te as last year if Emma was to win. She can't do any "quick" dances. One trick pony

Isn’t Kelvin such a lovely, genuine guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Everyone gets to do all three dances tonight. Emma and Anton have chosen their Viennese waltz ( which scored 35) , and Kelvin will redo his samba from week 1 karim will redo his jive. It’s going to be a close one I think, will depend very much on the showdances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement