Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

1181920212224»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Now it could have been they didnt quite hear what he said and gave a polite giggle. But it looked like he said something he shouldn't have. I wonder will either Phil or Holly be taking part next season?

Not with them fronting Dancing On Ice... better chance it'll be Alison Hammond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Loughc wrote: »

This DOI will be the last one, I'm sure I read that somewhere a while back anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This DOI will be the last one, I'm sure I read that somewhere a while back anyway.

It should be it's boring as anything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Didn't Alison already do it?

Edited: She did it in 2014.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Hammond

Didn't Alison already do it?

Edited: She did it in 2014.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Hammond

I actually had a feeling she already did it! I just couldn't think of any of the other sidekicks on This Morning.... :D

It should be it's boring as anything...
    I could not disagree more!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I could not disagree more!

I just can't get into it.... everything seems bland, the judges, even the scoring is boring... I used to love it but it's all just too blandy this year... GC was the only good thing about it last year and that's saying something cause I can't stand GC.

I just can't get into it.... everything seems bland, the judges, even the scoring is boring... I used to love it but it's all just too blandy this year... GC was the only good thing about it last year and that's saying something cause I can't stand GC.
    Ah but the potential for carnage is huge!!

If there was a GC in it this year, I wouldn't be watching.

Adjusting to DWTS after watching DOI is like trying to watch soccer straight after a thumping good rugby match - yaaaawwwwwn. SCD is a fair few notches above, though, in fairness - and doesn't have to compete directly with DOI.

All a bit off topic, for which apologies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So who is going to see it tonight? I’m looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm going.

Currently sitting in work wishing the time away till its half 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am going . Excited to see it

kitten_k wrote: »
    So who is going to see it tonight? I’m looking forward to it.

Yep me 2, don't know what to expect so looking forward to it! :)

Enjoy all

Aw enjoy ladies! Report back !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Fantastic evening , the crowd were electric . They have all improved so much and were all amazing . Kelvin won the Dublin vote , Karim was second .
    Saffron was great as was Emma
    Catherine couldn’t dance tonight but Johannes danced in the group dances and was mesmerising

Brilliant night as usual. We had great seat so could see everything.

Brilliant night as usual. We had great seat so could see everything.

First time going. But a very entertaining night out. Seeing it live you Really pick up on the more subtle feet movements and how sharp the lines are.

Kelvin was on a different level of good compared to the rest. The judges were on a panto level of performance.

Stacey Dooley as host was a nice surprise too. Also the live singers are just something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I was at the afternoon show and it was just amazing! Kelvin won that show too and very deservedly. He is just mesmerising to watch! Saffron was runner up... Probably due to number of young girls in the audience! Here's hoping they come back next year... Agree the singers were first class live. Real talent on show.
    Judges were a bit pre rehearsed but all the catchphrases came out.... Along with Shirley's boobs (almost). She is still a top class dancer herself

I really enjoyed it.I hope it comes back again.

It was a shame not see Johannes and Catherine dance as he has become one of my favourite pros.
    Shirley can still move at some speed! Her twirling was ah-may-zing.
    Shows why she's head judge with that amount of talent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I don't really go for Strictly gossip, but I was genuinely sad to read that! They seemed like a lovely couple from what I've seen from stalking Giovanni's instagram ;):pac:

Aw oti was lovely on last nights graham norton!

Aw oti was lovely on last nights graham norton!
    Didn't see it, but Oti's lovely full stop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Very sad news about a previous winner of Strictly - Caroline Flack.
    She was absolutely brilliant the year she win it with Pasha

Heroditas wrote: »
    Very sad news about a previous winner of Strictly - Caroline Flack.
    She was absolutely brilliant the year she win it with Pasha
    Her Charleston was one of the best ever.
    May she Rest In Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Am so sad about her.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Kevin Clifton is leaving Strictly :(

Kevin Clifton is leaving Strictly :(

Woohoo!

Woohoo!

Not a fan I take it? :pac:

Not a fan I take it? :pac:

The amount of smoke blown up the guys's @rse over the years was ridiculous.

• Advertisement

The amount of smoke blown up the guys's @rse over the years was ridiculous.

Lol. I like him. I will always be thankful to him for his Wonder Woman Samba with Susan Calman :D

I never really took to him. I’m sure that there’s a suitable replacement waiting in the wings.

I never really took to him. I’m sure that there’s a suitable replacement waiting in the wings.

I'm sure whoever it is will be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'll miss Kevin. I don't particularly like how his personality comes across, but he was a good dancer, he did interesting choreography, and he got the best out of his partners of various abilities. Overall I think he was an asset to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I only liked Kevin this year and it was when he took over the Ghostbuster routine with Alex at the last minute. He rolled up his sleeves and got stuck in, even when he made mistakes. And the following week she danced with him and was wearing a red dress, she was beaming. It endeared me to him a bit more. I think he brought Alex on with her dancing and personality too. More than Neil did!

Anyone go see any of the Strictly stars shows that were on this weekend? Brendan , Anton and Erin and Giovanni were here.

My wife went to Giovanni on Saturday night. Loads of the DWTS pros were at it. She said it was much more of a production than previous years and thoroughly enjoyed it but thought Giovanni himself didn't dance that much compared to previously.
    My mum went to Anton on Sunday afternoon and thought it was great.

My wife went to Giovanni on Saturday night. Loads of the DWTS pros were at it. She said it was much more of a production than previous years and thoroughly enjoyed it but thought Giovanni himself didn't dance that much compared to previously.
    My mum went to Anton on Sunday afternoon and thought it was great.

Me too. Anton was funny without being corny. Plenty of digs at Brendan Cole who was in the audience. Would definitely go see Giovanni next time. He’s a fantastic jiver.

Aj just announced he's leaving to pursue a presenting career with his brother Curtis.

I think it might be a bit premature of him but we'll see how it pans out.

Aj just announced he's leaving to pursue a presenting career with his brother Curtis.

He was included in the announced lineup https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058060997

He was included in the announced lineup https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058060997

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a31941184/strictly-come-dancing-aj-pritchard-quit/

• Advertisement

Must have been made an offer he couldn’t refuse! Love Island or I’m a Celebrity?

Sounds like money was the factor in this. Shame. It was good to have him as a role model for young male dancers. But he’d probably got as far as he could have on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

Oti is doing Facebook live dance classes daily - 11.30 for kids and 7.30 for adults if any interest ! Really good fun - so cool getting lessons from a top pro !

I’ve been watching Oti, it’s great fun. I did the kids one the other day and was exhausted. :pac:

Karen is doing workouts, Janette is doing dance, Dianne is doing all dances( thinks she the best), and now Anton has started too. The day fills up fast !

Advertisement