Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA - entered incorrect info

Options
  • 19-04-2019 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever entered incorrect info into the esta visa application and attempted to clear customs regardless?

I applied for my esta and went to search for the status of it today. They couldn't find the application number. I contacted them thru mail and stated that I entered an incorrect passport number. They said i'd have to re-apply for another esta

I applied for a new one this morning but i'm due to travel in less than 48 hours which is a disaster.

I'll bring along both application numbers as I said, has anyone had any experience of entering incorrect info here and then having it cleared up going thru customs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've literally no chance on the incorrect one. Give them a call today and see what they can do for you, if they're even open on good Friday. You could be out of luck here I feel.

Lesson to learn here is don't leave it till the last minute to check something so important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever entered incorrect info into the esta visa application and attempted to clear customs regardless?

I applied for my esta and went to search for the status of it today. They couldn't find the application number. I contacted them thru mail and stated that I entered an incorrect passport number. They said i'd have to re-apply for another esta

I applied for a new one this morning but i'm due to travel in less than 48 hours which is a disaster.

I'll bring along both application numbers as I said, has anyone had any experience of entering incorrect info here and then having it cleared up going thru customs?

If you applied for a new one this morning, you should get confirmation for that one today. Although the instant confirmation of old is gone, they still get processed within a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I've had an esta application approved.

Will I have documentation forwarded to me?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

seligehgit wrote: »
    I've had an esta application approved.

Will I have documentation forwarded to me?:confused:

No and you don't need to print out anything either. They'll have it on their system when you arrive at the desk in the airport and show them your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

If you applied for a new one this morning, you should get confirmation for that one today. Although the instant confirmation of old is gone, they still get processed within a few hours

Yep, dead right. I applied for a new one on Good Friday and they approved it in an hour, no bother :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement