Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe, Scenic, Routes near Dublin

Options
  • 19-04-2019 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey all,

Kinda gotten tired my usual Coast/Howth/Malahide route and would love to do some more of the more scenic routes I see people posting about near Blessington and stuff - but I get seriously uncomfortable cycling solo on the narrow, bendy, cycle-lane-less roads. I can never relax with cars swinging around bends or impatiently lurking behind me.

Is there any decent routes that you recommend that are a bit more cycle friendly? I know cycling infrastructure is terrible in this country so not expecting the waterford greenway or anything. Just somewhere nice for a spin without heavy car traffic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭G-Man

Just did a bike route from stamullen to st Margarets on country roads.. follow google maps route..very nice with countryside in full green. Did not meet much traffic or anyone much till near st Margarets .

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Anywhere in Wicklow mountains. Not much traffic and as scenic as it gets.

Advertisement