Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best roads

Options
  • 19-04-2019 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

What are the best roads in laois where you can eat some road and avoid getting stuck behind a tractor for miles on end?? I got caught rotten today on the n80 stradballly to carlow and I need to vent. Cheers!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Depends on where your coming from and going to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Depends on where your coming from and going to :D

I criss cross the county for work but I haven't found anything decent! I was doing carlow to tullamore and there was a 100km stetch outside tullamore that was one of the best r roads i was ever on. Any tips laois side on that route would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I criss cross the county for work but I haven't found anything decent! I was doing carlow to tullamore and there was a 100km stetch outside tullamore that was one of the best r roads i was ever on. Any tips laois side on that route would be great!

That would be the N80 and yes, it's a great road around Tullamore itself - in fact the quality of the road noticeably changes once you cross the Offally/Laois border

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

There’s no decent road to Carlow from Laois. Laois to tullamore is worse again. Very few overtaking opportunities and nearly always guaranteed to meet a tractor on the way to Carlow, or a lorry on the way to tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    There’s no decent road to Carlow from Laois. Laois to tullamore is worse again. Very few overtaking opportunities and nearly always guaranteed to meet a tractor on the way to Carlow, or a lorry on the way to tullamore.

Disagree... I drive the N80 between Portlaoise and Tullamore a bit and there's several long straights where you can overtake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Disagree... I drive the N80 between Portlaoise and Tullamore a bit and there's several long straights where you can overtake.

Straight, but very bumpy bog roads

Advertisement