Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sint Maarten/Saint Martin

Options
  • 20-04-2019 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭

On an impulse today, I booked a week in Sint Maarten/Saint Martin in the Caribbean for a week in June. I know that the peak season has passed and its into the rainy/potential hurricane season as well, but its somewhere I've always wanted to go and got a good deal today, so jumped at the chance. So fellow boardsies, anyone ever been? What are the best areas to stay in? Looking for somewhere that has a bit of life about it i.e. restaurants and bars, but near the beach and potentially with a pool as well. Think the french side is cheaper, but looking at staying on the dutch side, possibly around Simpson Bay.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

retalivity wrote: »
    On an impulse today, I booked a week in Sint Maarten/Saint Martin in the Caribbean for a week in June. I know that the peak season has passed and its into the rainy/potential hurricane season as well, but its somewhere I've always wanted to go and got a good deal today, so jumped at the chance. So fellow boardsies, anyone ever been? What are the best areas to stay in? Looking for somewhere that has a bit of life about it i.e. restaurants and bars, but near the beach and potentially with a pool as well. Think the french side is cheaper, but looking at staying on the dutch side, possibly around Simpson Bay.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Never been so can't advise but have you researched how the island is recovering since the last hurricane hit in September 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Yeah it seems to have recovered well, been reading a few tripadvisor reviews of hotels and they say that it has been pretty much rebuilt and everything is back in good working order.
    TBH, we are not looking for somewhere top-end and luxurious, then to comlain about the quality of hotels available - as long as we have somewhere comfortable to sleep and shower we will be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sit on the beach and watch the jets coming in to land over your head. See you tube.

Sorry that's all I know about St. Maarten. But I hope you have a great time anyway!

Advertisement