Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural broadband

Options
  • 20-04-2019 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I live in a rural part of co Wicklow. We still don't have broadband at home. I am so fed up. We had qsat for a couple of years and that sometimes worked ok. They went out of business and with the new company we never got any signal. So we gave up. I thought that by now we would have broadband in our area. So many rural areas are provided, but not here. Anybody know anything about this in south east Co Wicklow? We're all using our phone data, but it's not great either. Can't stream a movie with it. So fed up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rural WiFi have a setup that runs off mobile data, maybe with antenna they can do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bobobelle

_Brian wrote: »
    Rural WiFi have a setup that runs off mobile data, maybe with antenna they can do something for you.

I'll look them up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Wicklow broad band give a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Top tip ask a few neighbours . And get consensus on what's best for your area.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Not my experience!

• Advertisement

Tried them many times. They're still not in our area.

listermint wrote: »
    Top tip ask a few neighbours . And get consensus on what's best for your area.

One of our neighbours are elderly and don't need broadband and the other neighbours are a little closer to the local village and can receive the broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Have you looked into offerings from 3?
    Check out their coverage map for mobile broadband in your area.
    Their routers are quite good, fast and reliable. If necessary you can improve signal with an antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 k.oni

We are near Avoca and have been using Imagine since August. Decent speed, definitely an improvement compared to Qsat. There is a usage limit though, their advertising of 'unlimited broadband' is misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

I assume you're not on the rural broadband 300k?

Check here using your eircode or the map: https://fibrerollout.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement