Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application.

Options
  • 21-04-2019 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I work away from the organisations uk head office and very rarely attend the office.(once every year at Christmas.)

The problem is I'm now in a position to get a mortgage after a house in my locality has come available.

Problem is the wage department is stalling on returning my documentation and salary certificates even though everything was sent with sae.

This is beginning to raise alarm bells as all I want is this cert to get my application across the line.

I have a 5 year fixed contract which I'm in year three of. The question is can an employer refuse to fill out this document.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would P60 help in the meantime to show last years salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aonsceal

Would P60 help in the meantime to show last years salary?

Thanks for the reply, since the beginning of the year I have received a pay increase which has been included in my initial consultation with the mortgage being approved in principle just need this to proceed.

My p60 from last year wont reflect this raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Whether you go into the office or not is irrelevant.

There is no reason your HR/Payroll department to delay sending you your details. They dont care how much you earn or why you need the documents. They are probably just incompetent.

Chase them by phone and see what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

What do you mean by stalling?
    Did you send the request by mail and they havn't sent documentation back?
    Have you followed up on it and are they fobbing you off?

If you have been in touch with them a few times you probably just need to become annoying, ringing regularly looking for updates etc.
    Could you get a manager to put some more pressure on them

Advertisement