Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good enough reason to receive a ban

Options
  • 21-04-2019 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Below is the post I got banned for.

"If someone says something they don't like the mod probably spends an hour looking through the community guidelines for a reason to give a ban"

And below is the post I was replying to.

Quote: Frank Castle
    Is it just me or are the majority of mods on this website far to heavy handed?

Nothing wrong with open discourse. Censorship suppresses diversity.

Can't tell if it's bad policy or power trip stuff tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you wish to appeal this ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭John2136

dudara wrote: »
    Do you wish to appeal this ban?

Yes.

Thanks. The first step in the DR process is to contact the mod and attempt to work it out between yourselves. Can you confirm if you have done this, and if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks. The first step in the DR process is to contact the mod and attempt to work it out between yourselves. Can you confirm if you have done this, and if so, what was the outcome?

The ban has already been lifted but I still think it was unfair and that the mod is on a power trip.

It was only a 24 hour ban, maybe if you banned him for 24 hours for banning me that would be fair.

• Advertisement

If order for this dispute to proceed, you need to contact the mod and try to sort it out yourselves.

A reminder that only the OP, CMods and Admins can post in a DR thread. Any other posts will be removed.

dudara

A reminder that only the OP, CMods and Admins can post in a DR thread. Any other posts will be removed.

dudara

He replied saying

On thread isn't the place to do it. And posting on thread about it immediately after a mod warning saying not to is going to land you in trouble

@John2136 - I removed a post from another poster. This does not mean that you can repost it.

Have you made any progress in attempting to resolve matters with the mod?

@John2136 - I removed a post from another poster. This does not mean that you can repost it.

Have you made any progress in attempting to resolve matters with the mod?

I didn't re post anything.

• Advertisement

Apologies. Because you replied to the mod warning, I misinterpreted your post as a response to that.

I’ll be honest, there’s little point in going to a CMod here. You were commenting on mod action in thread, which is a no no across Boards. As I mentioned on one of your other disputes, I recommend you take these band as a warning to adjust your posting style.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement