Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing profile fields?

• 21-04-2019 7:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

What happened to the About Me, Hobbies, Favourite Movies/Bands, etc. sections on profiles? Hopefully they're brought back eventually.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'd guess it's something to do with GDPR, because everything is.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,051 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There's some commentary in a current Help Desk thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057944113

As Tom says - it's probably to do with GDPR, and removing fields/information where posters may inadvertently leave personal info up

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Yes, these fields were removed in relation to GDPR. We hope to restore some, but require a little development work to further clarify why we are asking for this information (even though it's optional) and to explain how it will be used or displayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Yes, these fields were removed in relation to GDPR. We hope to restore some, but require a little development work to further clarify why we are asking for this information (even though it's optional) and to explain how it will be used or displayed.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Advertisement