Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster v Toulouse L'effort pour cinq contre The Drive for Five

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Faugheen wrote: »
    He's a better player than Conor O'Brien, so yes.

Woah. Don't bring logic into your argument with Richie.

Tomane had a good game last time out so looking forward to seeing more of him before the season is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

He's a better player than Conor O'Brien, so yes.

He's not a better 12 on the evidence of this season. Also, O'Brien would have far more scope for improvement.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

He's not a better 12 on the evidence of this season. Also, O'Brien would have far more scope for improvement.

And over the course of the last 7 years?

James Lowe wouldn't have got in an AIL side if you believed some of the tripe on here in the last couple of years.

He's had a bad injury and got better as each game comes. One try O'Brien scored against a ****e defence doesn't make him a better player than a 19-time capped Wallaby,

I know you don't like foreigners or even Irish lads with foreign names, but give it a f*cking rest. It's the same ****e every single time someone doesn't prefer your precious Conor O'Brien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Come to North America and you’ll hear ‘have went’ all the time:

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/449476/is-have-went-gaining-common-currency-in-ame-and-bre

Better still, come to NZ and hear that he done good.

I wasn’t mocking by the way, just that expression “have went” is pretty Irish just like others such as I’m after doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

And over the course of the last 7 years?

James Lowe wouldn't have got in an AIL side if you believed some of the tripe on here in the last couple of years.

He's had a bad injury and got better as each game comes. One try O'Brien scored against a ****e defence doesn't make him a better player than a 19-time capped Wallaby,

I know you don't like foreigners or even Irish lads with foreign names, but give it a f*cking rest. It's the same ****e every single time someone doesn't prefer your precious Conor O'Brien.

The Lowe criticism was from one person, and, frankly, you'd have to question the rugby knowledge of someone who held those views.

Does 17 caps for Aus count for much when they were on the wing and we're talking about his merits as an inside centre? David Kearney has 17 caps on the wing for Ireland. Would you select him ahead of O'Brien at 12 based on that?

It's not all about who has more caps at a higher level. Fergus McFadden has played a good few times in the centre at European Cup level for Leinster, and has international caps as a centre. I certainly wouldn't have him ahead of O'Brien in the centre.

And saying it's based on one try is a complete straw man. O'Brien's shown a huge amount more than that one try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You forgot Ferg as well, hasn't been any indication of him retiring yet either.

And Kelliher, don’t forget what’s his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

It was a shocking pass under relatively minimal pressure out of Henshaw for the Lowe non try. Looked forward to me, so the try would probably have been chalked off anyway.

I thought Henshaw looked sharp overall, but contrast his execution of the basics with some of the on-the-money passes Nonu has been throwing in SR lately.

Never thought I'd see the day Richie, but I actually agree with you.

Robbies final pass was outrageously forward for Lowe and if the blocked wasn't called, the pass would have been.

The second point however is a bit much. Henshaws skills and distribution is absolutely top notch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Ah OK, so nothing here at all, just vague platitudes. Insightful stuff. Probably all the dark arts and unseen work they're doing in the thick of battle.

Count your blessings that I haven't been asked for my opinion on the stupidest poster on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ah OK, so nothing here at all, just vague platitudes. Insightful stuff. Probably all the dark arts and unseen work they're doing in the thick of battle.

Looks like Fardy got McCaws cloak of invisibility when McCaw retired.

https://twitter.com/CharlieFelix/status/1120622044587208704?s=19

https://twitter.com/CharlieFelix/status/1120584298606804993?s=19

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

awec wrote: »
    So, on a more serious point, what's the craic with the Guinness being replaced by Murphys?

Who signed off on that?
    Heineken own Murphys... or is it the same distributor? There's definitely a tight relationship between the two, anyway. TBH, I thought it was FAR better than the Guinness they usually serve there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stout is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Looks like Fardy got McCaws cloak of invisibility when McCaw retired.

https://twitter.com/CharlieFelix/status/1120622044587208704?s=19

https://twitter.com/CharlieFelix/status/1120584298606804993?s=19

Dont think he did anything of note in the first clip. The second one though was pure class divilment.

Stout is ****e.

Heathen!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

molloyjh wrote: »
    Dont think he did anything of note in the first clip. The second one though was pure class divilment.

He just pushes down on the arm/shoulder of the Toulouse player on the wrong side just enough to hinder him getting up while blocking him from exiting towards the touchline. He placed himself very carefully there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

dregin wrote: »
    Heineken own Murphys... or is it the same distributor? .

yep

famously all the Guinness sponsorship boards had to be covered by Heineken ones in Lansdowne road previously. Didn't notice if same was done this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Riskymove wrote: »
    yep

famously all the Guinness sponsorship boards had to be covered by Heineken ones in Lansdowne road previously. Didn't notice if same was done this time

I have it in my head that when it was the H cup even the RDS could only do Heineken brand stuff in the group games. Could be wrong there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Does all the piss not come from the same masters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

No problem with Fardy doing what he does - I don't think Richie Grey did a single legal thing on Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Squatter wrote: »
    Count your blessings that I haven't been asked for my opinion on the stupidest poster on this thread.

Why, who is that?

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »

I’d say he probably just found Nathan Hines’ in one of the storage rooms! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

dregin wrote: »
    Heineken own Murphys... or is it the same distributor? There's definitely a tight relationship between the two, anyway. TBH, I thought it was FAR better than the Guinness they usually serve there.
    owned and distributed by Heineken.
    Stout is ****e.
    ban him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Riskymove wrote: »
    yep

It was done. Looked strange

Does all the piss not come from the same masters?

nope
    Guinness and Heineken are rival distributors

Synode wrote: »
    It was done. Looked strange

All hail the mighty €uro

Squatter wrote: »

Only if the ref and the weather are good.

At least we won't get Barnes, who was poor enough in last year's final, although in fairness he had a good game yesterday.

But if we get Garces or Poite, then I very much fear that the cheatingest team will win. And, although we're pretty streetwise, we're not up to Sarries' level.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I hate the idea on boards.ie that the ref always favours the other team, the other team is offside all day and the other team gets away with murder at the breakdown.

Garces is probably the best ref in the game at the moment. Saracens are not a bunch of cheats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I hate the idea on boards.ie that the ref always favours the other team, the other team is offside all day and the other team gets away with murder at the breakdown.

Garces is probably the best ref in the game at the moment. Saracens are not a bunch of cheats.

Barnes is the best ref at the moment and has been for a few seasons

Don’t mind the ref blaming crowd, it’s boring and if you see it is the same poster for every match have a problem with every ref

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Garces isn't, he isn't even the best French ref. Mainly because his breakdown reffing is lathergic at best..... He's quite happy to allow a jackler with hands on take two or three belts to be cleared.

I just can't yet make up my mind whether a messy breakdown suits us or saracens.

Yeah, I wouldn't have an issue with Garces, but he isn't the best ref in the world IMO. Barnes has been arguably the best for a while, although I really like Luke Pearse too. I'd have Poite above Garces as well.

April Fool's Day is long over.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Garces isn't, he isn't even the best French ref. Mainly because his breakdown reffing is lathergic at best..... He's quite happy to allow a jackler with hands on take two or three belts to be cleared.

I just can't yet make up my mind whether a messy breakdown suits us or saracens.

It will suit Saracens

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It will suit Saracens

I'm not sure, we don't exactly play a game that has a onus on quick turnovers from jacklers.... We're much more likely to pile through a ruck than hang over it....and from that point of view he's better for us.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't have an issue with Garces, but he isn't the best ref in the world IMO. Barnes has been arguably the best for a while, although I really like Luke Pearse too. I'd have Poite above Garces as well.

They’re all good refs for sure, but it was Poite or Garces for us and there’s not really a wrong answer there as far as I’m concerned

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm not sure, we don't exactly play a game that has a onus on quick turnovers from jacklers.... We're much more likely to pile through a ruck than hang over it....and from that point of view he's better for us.

We got killed last year in final with no quick ball, it was an awful match with racing players lying all over the place, looks like same s**t will be allowed this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    We got killed last year in final with no quick ball, it was an awful match with racing players lying all over the place, looks like same s**t will be allowed this year

Barnes generally has a reasonably lax approach to the breakdown but it has suited us in recent years.

But the final was dire last year.

But that was less about the reffing and more about the fact Racing had no playmaker as they lost all their 10s early so were always going to play 10 man rugby.

The weather was always going to be a factor in a game as cagey as a European final too.

Anything to actually back up what you said rather than all this nonsense.
    What exactly do they do to be "biggest cheats" as there's a lot more than statements with nothing to back it up.

Good to see that my views on Itoje being one of the biggest cheats in NH rugby have very recently been backed up by M. Garces!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

If Leinster dont pick up the line speed we will lose this, were losing the collisions quite badly now

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If Leinster dont pick up the line speed we will lose this, were losing the collisions quite badly now

Spoiler: we son the semi

Yep if we continue to lose these were gonna concede, O'brien a bit of a passenger at the moment, time for Ruddock or Deegan

Ye too big too powerful, dominating every area now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This one hurts. We were 10 - 0 up and our own errors let Saracens back in at the end of the first half. We played well enough to win I think, especially at the start of teh second, but they kept us out. If we had just kept our heads when it was needed we could've won. Garces made a few howlers, but I don't think that's enough to have turned the game.

Luke Mc and Ringrose were poor, but they had some good moments. SoB was unfortunately anonymous. I think a Leavy or VdF there at openside would've made a more positive contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Clegg wrote: »
    This one hurts. We were 10 - 0 up and our own errors let Saracens back in at the end of the first half. We played well enough to win I think, especially at the start of teh second, but they kept us out. If we had just kept our heads when it was needed we could've won. Garces made a few howlers, but I don't think that's enough to have turned the game.

Luke Mc and Ringrose were poor, but they had some good moments. SoB was unfortunately anonymous. I think a Leavy or VdF there at openside would've made a more positive contribution.
    Would agree with all of this. Felt Leinster were good and another day sees them win. Small margins wins the day. Two excellent sides.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Better side won without doubt.

Advertisement