Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How could I receive a ban for this?

Options
  • 21-04-2019 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

It was a thread about how can not know if they are able to gay or not and someone made a post about how they are bisexual and I replied,

I was more referring to actual gay people as maybe you could only start feeling attracted to men later in life.

How could I get banned for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You know the drill. Please attempt to resolve matters with the mod first.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭John2136

dudara wrote: »
    You know the drill. Please attempt to resolve matters with the mod first.

I did he's not replying

Please give him some time. It’s the weekend, and we do not expect mods to respond immediately.

dudara wrote: »
    Please give him some time. It’s the weekend, and we do not expect mods to respond immediately.

It's only a one day ban so he could basically just choose not to reply for the day and then there's nothing that can be done?

If the ban is overturned upon review, we will put a note on your record to that effect.

• Advertisement

The mod replied saying...

Hi

The one day ban was in relation to all of your posting

From the start of the thread you have

A) Used offensive language such as retard
    B) Ridiculed being gay suggesting it is a lifestyle choice
    C) Ridiculed gay people unsure of their sexuality
    D) Ridiculed bisexuality
    E) Ignored the forum charter (part 7, part 10 and the general information section)

On that basis I dont accept your appeal to overturn the ban. Feel free to copy and paste this PM

First of all I already received warnings from admins for the points made, for point B I said I think being gay is a lifestyle choice a lot of the time I didn't say all the time.

Point D- I never ridiculed bisexuality I don't know what he is talking about there.

Point A- I got a warning for that.

Point C- I said you would want to be slow to not know if you are gay or not which is a fair assumption tbh but I was hoping someone could enlighten me and tell me how I was wrong but they never got the chance as I got banned.

Normally the next step in the DR process is to refer the appeal to a CMod.

However as you currently have 3 DRs open, I am going to save ourselves some time here.

Your posts in the LGBT forum were at best insensitive and at worst, trolling. You got off lightly with a one day ban, and I am upholding the mod decision.

If you wish to avoid further mod actions on Boards you need to adjust your posting style and pay attention to forum rules.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement