Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Non book readers" - Season 8 Episode 2 "A Knight of the 7" - Spoilers post 2 fo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Bran gets to warg into the Night King's Dragon ?

You will never walk again..but you will fly ! Great shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

evil_seed wrote: »
    You know what I love about this show now... The fact that all the people watching right now are going through the ringer in terms of getting attached to characters, wondering what's gonna happen, the anticipation etc. The next round of people that will discover this show won't go through the same thing because you know what they'll do after watching last night's episode, they'll watch s08e03 immediately. And it won't be the same

Maybe it's just me but struggle greatly to wait a week between episodes. I want to watch them straight away, I don't care for the anticipation etc. Lose interest having to wait. Thank god for Netflix.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

...any chance HoDo (or whatever his name was/is) will be among the dead army. Be interesting if he comes up against Bran

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Butson

On another note, I'm not sure how any of ye can stomach watching those leaked stream rips. I'd rather wait till Monday evening and pull the highest quality 1080p version available. I'd wait for Tuesday if it meant getting it in 4K. Those rips just look awful on a decent TV.[/QUOTE]

Watch the show legally. How can anybody who is a GoT fan watch this on a pirate stream is beyond me.
    It costs millions to make an episode. Pay for content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

golfball37 wrote: »
    You will never walk again..but you will fly ! Great shout
    I always thought that related to being the TER and could use Ravens, hence flying.
    EDit wrote: »
    ...any chance HoDo (or whatever his name was/is) will be among the dead army. Be interesting if he comes up against Bran
    Hodor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Butson wrote: »
    OWatch the show legally. How can anybody who is a GoT fan watch this on a pirate stream is beyond me.

If HBO and Sky made it more readily accessible then I gladly would. Not my fault they don't make it available without getting Sky TV or using the awful now TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Cina wrote: »
    If HBO and Sky made it more readily accessible then I gladly would. Not my fault they don't make it available without getting Sky TV or using the awful now TV.

I've been using the nowtv stick and it's working perfectly plugged into the tv.

Got the entertainment package for 2 months for €20 - absolute bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Relikk

Watch the show legally. How can anybody who is a GoT fan watch this on a pirate stream is beyond me.

I'm admittedly wearing an eye patch and a wooden leg, but the way I contribute to it is by buying the Blu-ray when it comes out. If I like something I buy it, if I don't... fuck 'em.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

marvin80 wrote: »

My TV has a NowTV app on it so I just got the 3 month pass for 20 quid online. Brilliant value and I'm making the most of it by finally watching the sopranos and veep for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moonfruit

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I always thought that related to being the TER and could use Ravens, hence flying.

Hodor
    Hold Door

• Advertisement

Moonfruit wrote: »
    Hold Door
    Hold the Door if you want to nit pick :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Only the episode AND DVD content directly related to the episode is allowed; anything else inc. speculation on future episodes does not belong in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

On another note, I'm not sure how any of ye can stomach watching those leaked stream rips. I'd rather wait till Monday evening and pull the highest quality 1080p version available. I'd wait for Tuesday if it meant getting it in 4K. Those rips just look awful on a decent TV.

I'm too poor - I had Sky for many years including when GoT was on so I figure I've kind of paid my dues. Nobody asked to be part of the capitalist system.

I will agree though that watching it and even talking about it before the official air date though seems just disrespectful. I'm not sure if those people think they're cool to watch it before other people, there is no advantage in doing this. You realize it's now broadcast on Sky Atlantic at the same time as HBO in the US (2:00 am Sunday)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

I will agree though that watching it and even talking about it before the official air date though seems just disrespectful. I'm not sure if those people think they're cool to watch it before other people, there is no advantage in doing this. You realize it's now broadcast on Sky Atlantic at the same time as HBO in the US (2:00 am Sunday)?

With ads.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A really good episode, much better than the first - a few of those were sorely missing from S7 which was just one headlong rush from start to finish. The dialogue and character interaction was much better in this episode than the first episode, and it's done a great job of setting the scene for what's inevitably going to be one of the most anticipated episodes ever - and 1hr 22m too!

The problem with the show is that the first six seasons were set up like it was going to be a show with 10 seasons or even beyond, so the flow between 1-6 and then 7 is pretty bad as the pacing is completely different. I mean more happened in some episodes of S7 then almost happened in entire previous seasons for example.

They say this was their plan all along but it doesn't feel that way at all. I can't even see at this point how they can do it justice with just 4 episodes left, even if some are extended length.

The cinematic equivalent would be LOTR having a three hour Fellowship, three hour Two Towers, and then just a 60 minute Return of the King.

This was a good episode though, and obviously I still love GOT, but I feel they needed 3 more seasons of 10 episodes building on S6 to do it proper justice.

Not going to get too much into speculation about next week's episode but I hope it's wild, unpredictable and shocking....and not the predictable affair I fear it could end up being. GOT has completely lost it's hallmark 'no one is safe' schtick since S6, and I really hope it comes back in the last few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭chooey

I really loved this episode, especially where they were all sitting around the fire and Brienne being knighted. In one way I'm looking forward to next weeks episode but in another way I'm dreading it as I like so many of the characters that are remaining and I hate to think of them being killed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the Night King not being present in that final shot really says an awful lot.

The only reason they wouldn't show him...somewhere...is that he's not there.

I think the Night King not being present in that final shot really says an awful lot.

Didnt see the dragon either, he could just be on that nearby..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

He's on the dragon.

• Advertisement

He's on the dragon.

I don't doubt that but not showing him even standing near the dragon ready to mount or hovering over the army...

It's odd if he's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I wonder is he off to attack King's landing on Viserion...

If I recall correctly I remember seeing a dragons shadow flying over kings landing in previous flash backs and visions that characters had.

I don't doubt that but not showing him even standing near the dragon ready to mount or hovering over the army...

It's odd if he's there.

Not odd, just expensive :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Not odd, just expensive :pac:

Budget is not an issue this season :)

They could have him standing a mile back with the dragon intentionally placed. But not seeing him there means something.

The whole battle is about targeting the Night King and baiting him to Bran. Showing his approach should be elementary television... Unless they can't for some reason due to his location or something else...

haha did you watch the dragon scene in the first episode? :D

But yeah, he could be up to something alright..

nix wrote: »
    haha did you watch the dragon scene in the first episode? :D

Touché :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Sure if he was off to KL wouldn't Bran know? Don't buy into the theory at all especially as Tormund and Ed both also saw the army on the way to Winterfell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Maybe it's just me but struggle greatly to wait a week between episodes. I want to watch them straight away, I don't care for the anticipation etc. Lose interest having to wait. Thank god for Netflix.

I completely disagree. A really good series benefits greatly from the anticipation. When you can binge watch you're more likely to pick up your phone etc. You'll skip the theme song when bingeing, vs actually enjoying the intros when it's only on once a week.My fondest TV memories are back when Sopranos came on Sunday evening it was the perfect way to end the week.

Anyway, either Grey Worm or Missandei are gonna be killed, and Brienne for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

GoT is the only show for years now that I actually wait a week for and the post above is right, the anticipation adds so much to it.

Watch a show on Netflix where an episode ends on a cliffhanger, press skip credits and instant gratification of the reveal. I'm now tormented thinking about who is going to die but have to wait until Sunday for the inevitable heartbreak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

marvin80 wrote: »

We have done this for this series, and it let us down for the first episode - constant buffering, poor picture.

I jusified it for GoT, and then using it for netflixs, but it's been problematic a couple of times even on that. It's a heap of sh!t compared to the 1st generation FireTV stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think NowTV is limited to 720P at the best of times, and it's probably getting an unusually high amount of traffic too due to GOT so the quality probably drops as it struggles to keep up. Heard a lot of people disappointed in it for Ep1 in particular, not sure if the second was better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They could have him standing a mile back with the dragon intentionally placed. But not seeing him there means something.

The whole battle is about targeting the Night King and baiting him to Bran. Showing his approach should be elementary television... Unless they can't for some reason due to his location or something else...

I think it's simply just a case of the Night King is going to send his whole army to attack and weaken Winterfell, take out as many of their defences as possible, and then he hits with the dragon. He doesn't need to sit in the background on the dragon waiting, because that baits Jon and Dany out on their dragons to battle him.

I disagree that he's gone to Kings Landing anyway. I think this episode will be the end of the NK/Walkers story, then the last few episodes will just be about resolving who sits on the Iron Throne at the end and where all the characters end up. If the NK is attacking Kings Landing in this episode and making the population of Kings Landing his new army, that just leads into another battle against the Night King's army in one of the last three episodes. It just doesn't make sense.

The Night King has hundreds of thousands in his army, as well as a few giants and White Walkers. He can just throw them all at Winterfell and hugely weaken their defences before he needs to show up himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I think NowTV is limited to 720P at the best of times, and it's probably getting an unusually high amount of traffic too due to GOT so the quality probably drops as it struggles to keep up. Heard a lot of people disappointed in it for Ep1 in particular, not sure if the second was better.

Ive been using the NowTV app and while the picture quality has been fine and there has been no buffering, I am disappointed at the lack of subtitles.

Generally speaking the app is as buggy as hell, although once you actually start to play something it seems alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

It's odd if he's there.

Didn't even need to show him, have the army start their walk up as the screen fades to black have the noise of Viserion roar out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've bought every season so far on Bluray. Do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

....... wrote: »
    Ive been using the NowTV app and while the picture quality has been fine and there has been no buffering, I am disappointed at the lack of subtitles.

Generally speaking the app is as buggy as hell, although once you actually start to play something it seems alright.

I got the entertainment pack for €20 for 3 months just to watch GOT. Haven't had any problems with it. Steaming it to the Chromecast floor each episode and it's worked perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I got the entertainment pack for €20 for 3 months just to watch GOT. Haven't had any problems with it. Steaming it to the Chromecast floor each episode and it's worked perfectly.

I'm the same, watch it through my PS4 and it's grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

First ep was a bit crap on Now TV. Ep 2 was perfect quality for me. Could have been because it was 10PM on a bank holiday and i'd have guessed most people would have watched it in the morning, We'll see how ep 3 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

morritty wrote: »
    First ep was a bit crap on Now TV. Ep 2 was perfect quality for me. Could have been because it was 10PM on a bank holiday and i'd have guessed most people would have watched it in the morning, We'll see how ep 3 is.

Yeah, we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I watched it on HBO the other night, only because it was a bank holiday, was great to watch it all through without ads. :o

This was the first episode I've watched that had ads, face melting.
    Even more so considering HBO don't have ad breaks and it's supposed to be simul-cast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

gonna stream it on HBO next week so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I record it on the sky box and watch it at 6am before work, fast forward the ads.

Only downside is the sitting room is east facing and the sun pours in the windows and its a new house and we haven't put in the curtains yet. If its really bright I think ill just down load on my tablet and watch it in the windowless downstairs jacks.

The things we do for love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I record it on the sky box and watch it at 6am before work, fast forward the ads.

Only downside is the sitting room is east facing and the sun pours in the windows and its a new house and we haven't put in the curtains yet. If its really bright I think ill just down load on my tablet and watch it in the windowless downstairs jacks.

OMG!...Watching Episode 3 at 6am on a tablet in a windowless jacks is Sacrilege!
    The night king will come for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

upupup wrote: »
    OMG!...Watching Episode 3 at 6am on a tablet in a windowless jacks is Sacrilege!
    The night king will come for you

If he brings an iced latte and a croissant with him I'll greet him like an old friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

I I think ill just down load on my tablet and watch it in the windowless downstairs jacks.

Careful, remember what happened to Tywin in a windowless jacks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Penn wrote: »
    I think this episode will be the end of the NK/Walkers story, then the last few episodes will just be about resolving who sits on the Iron Throne at the end and where all the characters end up.

The way it's been set up, it has to be this way doesn't it? Which kind of kills the suspense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

There's no way they built up the White Walkers since literally the first scene of the show only to kill them off in one proper battle midway through a season. They're running right up to at least the second last episode. And we're all assuming that it means they don't just win out or something crazy happens...which is the opposite of what GoT has been conditioning us for all these years (knowing what the payoff will be).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

leggo wrote: »
    There's no way they built up the White Walkers since literally the first scene of the show only to kill them off in one proper battle midway through a season.

But next week's battle has been hyped up so much, surely it can't end in some indecisive stalemate? So instead Team NK wins, the good guys get wiped out, and the rest of the series becomes a confrontation between the White Walkers and the new 'good guys' (needs must) Team Cersei? Hard to see that happening either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Ciaran

The Night King can't have a crushing victory next episode and then go on to fight Cersei in the end. There's no one to root for then and the whole thing would be an anticlimax. The reverse isn't ideal either. The good guys knock off the white walkers and march on triumphantly to win the Iron Throne is too much of a Disney ending for how the rest of the series has gone.

I think there'll be some kind of twist in this battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

Yeah his sword, Widow's Wail is Valyrian. That and Oathkeeper (Briennes) sword which Jamie gave her) were made from Ned Stark's Sword, Ice

Every time time I hear a sword being referred to by name, I think of the conversation between Arya and The Hound...

"Lots of people name their swords."
    "Lots of c*nts."
    I think a stark ends up killing her, possibly even Jon when she literally tries to take him out.

I'm wondering about the dragons. During the snog-in-the-snow, Jon thought the dragon was giving him the evil eye. The dragon could have been thinking "You da man" and might respond to a "Drakaris" aimed at Jon by toasting Danaerys herself instead, which would be a delicious irony.
    Plopsu wrote: »
    I was surprised nobody suggested it to him [Bran] (but I think they all avoid talking to him).

Except Tyrion, and maybe he did.
    chooey wrote: »
    I really loved this episode, especially where they were all sitting around the fire and Brienne being knighted.

I was expecting a "This is your oath", followed by a smack across the face, then "...and this is so you remember it.", but that was Kingdom of Heaven. :)
    (Imagine Her Maj doing that when performing accolades...)

I thought the episode was fine. It did feel a bit rushed at times, but they've got a lot to cram in to not-many episodes. Apart from that, though I've nothing against drama that concentrates on character-based events more than dramatic events, but then I enjoy Better Call Saul better than I enjoyed Breaking Bad, not that there's anything wrong with BB as such (apart from Skylar).

Advertisement