Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G2A

• 21-04-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

I've only recently heard about G2A and checked out some of the games I've been interested in. Long story short, it seems too good to be true. I've been wanting to get the first two Arkham games again but have never seen great discounts for them on Steam. Can get both on G2A right now for less than €5 for the both. Is it actually legitimate? Like I said, just seems too good to be true with some of their prices.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have over 100 games bought from g2play (same company) had 1 issue they refunded me.

They are keys bought from other countries and or free keys and sometimes stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Usually stick to cdkeys myself . Some great bargains there and are debateably the most legit of the key sellers .

With cdkeys you are buying from cdkeys . With g2a and kinguin to the best of my knowledge you are buying from someone else essentially and they are facilitating the transaction . The someone else you are buying from could be selling you keys obtained through legal or illegal actions , no way to know .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Less secure than steam or legit retailers like gamebillet, indiegala, humblebundle but you're still unlikely to have issues with them. I think I got Witcher 3 gog key from them but gog had suspended key activations due to high numbers of fraud keys being used during its launch. I waited a day and the key worked later. Keys have been revoked before en masse but it's rare and overall I've never had serious issue with them. Payment systems are on your side if you do need to refund, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

Is it actually legitimate?
    No, it's very likely that you will be in violation of the license agreement.
    Will you have issues? Probably not.
    Will you be buying stolen keys or keys bought using stolen CC numbers? Has happen before.
    There are other options that are still grey market, still questionable from the licence point of view, but they are not marketplaces and hence no risk of getting something stolen (or so they say). I usually get my games from instant-gaming.com.
    Treat them like ebay if you decide to buy, and pay with paypal to get some protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

I've used a lot of them and I've only had an issue one time and it was with G2A, the wording on a game i was buying wasnt worded correctly and it prevented me from using the key i purchased.

I pointed it out and asked for a refund, they fobbed me off and told me to raise the query with the key seller and he told me to bugger off.

I raised the dispute with paypal who then forward the issue to G2A and gave them like 3 days to resolve the issue, i don't think they responded in time as paypal gave me a refund after the elapsed time.

That's the only issues I've had, so i would advise to use the likes of paypal if yer gonna use them, i predict they would be more helpful than a bank :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Fanatical currently have a 75% off sale of the Arkham series running with both of the original games coming in at £3.74. This is the lowest price you'll likely find from a legitimate key seller.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham City

As an aside, G2A can get absolutely ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Credit card skimmers, hackers etc use stolen credit card data to buy keys and resell cheaper then retail for a fast sale and to launder the money.

That's just one of example of what goes on at G2A.

That said, I use them myself from time to time and have gotten some good savings, just last week someone was selling 3 origin keys for battlefield 5 for 15.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Most of those places are marketplaces. Just buy from proper sellers with lots of feedback, no issues. I've never had an issues with 100's of games bought on G2A/Kinguin.

Advertisement