Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoradh march in Cork today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Disgusting. The war is over and they can't accept that peace and dialogue is the answer. Thankfully the numbers were small!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Passed it on the way to town, hard to see how many were there as a lot of bystanders were watching (me included) marchers seemed to be a small enough crowd but I presume after that girls murder some people may have stayed away.I was an active republican through the 80/90's(no more)and a lot of the people I saw were of the same vintage as myself, but I recognised very few faces, so I wonder were they shipped in or is this Saoradh crowd a whole new movement!!!! Agree that the "war" is over, but while we have partition in Ireland, some will fight it, and innocents will be hurt or killed. Deprived areas are good hunting grounds for gangs/paramilitaries to recruit young members, gives them some kind of "status"..drug cartels, paramilitaries, will always prosper where prosperity is non existent. We see that all over the world

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'd say the only murdering any one of them will ever do is a the murder of a snack box.
    Like an overweight Dad's Army. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I'd say the only murdering any one of them will ever do is a the murder of a snack box.
    Like an overweight Dad's Army. Pathetic.
    The lads in the sunglasses look hilarious. A bunch of lads playing soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Pathetic indeed. If they were any more inbred they'd be a ****ing sandwich. Looks to be some of the same that were in Dublin too I think based on some of the pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Did any onlookers heckle or boo?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Did any onlookers heckle or boo?

No...I honestly don't think anyone knew who they were...there's so many "new" "real" "continuity" and God knows what marching these days to the Republican Plot that it could have been a Celtic supporters club on the way out ;) Gardaí mustn't have known though because there were few to be seen.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Pathetic indeed. If they were any more inbred they'd be a ****ing sandwich. Looks to be some of the same that were in Dublin too I think based on some of the pics.

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The guy at the front with the goatee looks very similar to the guy seen at the Dublin parade.

Quite a few old guys in the photo too. Didn't see any photos of old boys at the Dublin parade.

I think there were a few of them drunk outside my house on later that night. Near a popular celtic bar in the area. One of them was very upset that another one of his buddies had said his war was over. Screaming and roaring about it. Couldn't get any sleep over the ****.

• Advertisement
Advertisement