Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir webmail - password won't work after 11 years?

Options
  • 21-04-2019 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi! I have an eir webmail account - and I have the same password for 11 years. It's really wierd password, so I doubt anyone has it. Anyway, I got into my emails today in work. However, when I came home this evening and tried to get in to my email account it said my log in could not be found. I typed everything in correctly, so I don't know what is wrong - I did it 9 or 10 times. When I went to look at the security questions to then try and reset my password - I didn't recognise the security questions - it's years ago since I answered them, and it's not the standard ones of what is your mother's maiden name. I will be lost without my email. I don't have eircom broadband or phoen, so techinical support won't deal with me. Is there anything I can do in this situaiton - my life is on my email? Would it be because I may have left my webmail open in work - did someone there change my password. If they clicked on the internet icon, my webmail might have come up, but if they went back out of my emails to change my password, they wouldn't be able to do it - they wouldn't have my password, or my security quesitons. Is this a glitch with eircom again? Would really welcome any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just because you've a strong password does not mean nobody else has it, especially if you log in on a shared machine.

Eir were recently warning they were going to delete inactive accounts. This number is a premium rate number (30c/min) for non customers with an email account: 1530 277 100

Advertisement