Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Grand National 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Motivator wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion Ruby Walsh will retire next week. His wife and children seem to be at all the big days lately, that may have always been the case but there seems to be a lot more made of it of late. The way he celebrated Min’s win at Aintree seemed to me like it was a signing off one last time.

I could be reading way too much into it but I have a feeling he’ll go.

Yeah these last few weeks he's been acting like an old lad who's survived a health scare. Was very noticeable at Aintree and even after the Champion Hurdle I noticed he was joking with Mark Walsh in the pull up and he'd usually have a face like a slapped arse. It might just be after missing all last season that he's making the most of it.

I hope he doesn't retire, I'll miss him. Mustard in the saddle and articulate out of it. Could go on for another 3/4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Yeah these last few weeks he's been acting like an old lad who's survived a health scare. Was very noticeable at Aintree and even after the Champion Hurdle I noticed he was joking with Mark Walsh in the pull up and he'd usually have a face like a slapped arse. It might just be after missing all last season that he's making the most of it.

I hope he doesn't retire, I'll miss him. Mustard in the saddle and articulate out of it. Could go on for another 3/4 years.

He definitely is very articulate and i'm sure he will be a regular on RTE Racing when he retires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Jays I couldn't see him retiring lads
    Maybe he will start to take the no.2 rides and let PT have the choice, but no reason in the world for him to retire
    Fehily won a CH older than Ruby is now

I think the celebrations post Min were as much to do with a talking horse FINALLY showing how brilliant he could be, and Ruby would have been happy for RR/SR also
    I always got the feeling Ruby in the Pink and Green had an air of superiority, and that had been hammered of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭flos1964

Odelay wrote: »
    Jane has one of the best racing brains I have ever heard. She’s only a young one too, another few years and she’ll be even more impressive.

Wow....just f...ing wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

flos1964 wrote: »
    Wow....just f...ing wow.

Jane is a huge addition to the coverage on RTÉ . Badly needed

aidankkk wrote: »
    Jane is a huge addition to the coverage on RTÉ . Badly needed

Fair enough.... make sure to let me know when she calls out one of her buddys or mates when there is something dodgy....i wont be holding my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

flos1964 wrote: »
    Fair enough.... make sure to let me know when she calls out one of her buddys or mates when there is something dodgy....i wont be holding my breath.

Why would she bother doing that. There is something dodgy every day of the week.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Why would she bother doing that. There is something dodgy every day of the week.

Integrity...honesty ...decency...knowing shes in a privileged position to do a honest days work...why would she not do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Had that feeling about Ruby too, his face is near cracking point, he started smiling at Cheltenham and is still at it, feels like a PR exercise, I am one of the greatest ever and I am very happy all the time!!

A lot of focus on the family too lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

marvin80 wrote: »
    "How would I quit the dream? I'd love to get off one in Punchestown, pull the saddle off and tell Willie that I won't be out for the next one. That's how I would do it if I had my choice, but you don't often get to do things your own way or have a choice in these things."

#weknew :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Shemale wrote: »
    Had that feeling about Ruby too, his face is near cracking point, he started smiling at Cheltenham and is still at it, feels like a PR exercise, I am one of the greatest ever and I am very happy all the time!!

A lot of focus on the family too lately.

I hope we dont have the 3 Walshs on tv now, move Ted and Katie on if Ruby joins RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shemale wrote: »
    I hope we dont have the 3 Walshs on tv now, move Ted and Katie on if Ruby joins RTE
    What about himself, Mick Fitzgerald, and Mccoy on ITV? It would be insufferable as well :pac:

Advertisement