Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice and views

Options
  • 22-04-2019 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

As mentioned in a previous thread, I was knocked of my bike. I rode an canyon endurace slx 8 disc di2. It was a lovely bike and enjoyed many a long spin. However, I am thinking of changing to either a trek domane slr 7 disc or giant defy pro 0. I am 56 and ex smoker. Whilst I like to go at my best speed, i am not like all those whizzing by me. I love the spin for the spin. Out for most of the day. Would love to hear others thoughts on the two bikes. Incidentally, whilst I am by no means rich, money is not an issue regarding the bike. It is the only thing I do for me

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I take it the endurance slx frame is damaged?
    Maybe you just feel like a new frame but the canyon sounds perfect for your type of riding.
    Canyon offer discount on replacing crashed frames, have you considered that?

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/customer-service/help-center/crash-replacement.html

• Registered Users Posts: 30 molarspark

tuxy wrote: »
    I take it the endurance slx frame is damaged?
    Maybe you just fell like a new frame but the canyon sounds perfect for your type of riding.
    Canyon offer discount on replacing crashed frames, have you considered that?

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/customer-service/help-center/crash-replacement.html

Aware of frame replacement but whhel gone and cockpit too. Plus claiming on insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm fairly sure the cockpit comes with the frame replacement. I wonder does the insurance let you buy back the frame the same way they let people buy back crashed cars.
    Sorry I can't help with the Trek and Giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

molarspark wrote: »
    Aware of frame replacement but whhel gone and cockpit too. Plus claiming on insurance

I have a trek domaine sl6 with rim brakes, it's fabulous for long rides, geometry is pretty relaxed and its got trek's isospeed system so you get some dampening etc along with di2, ultegra etc. Great bike. I'd imagine the sl7 is better !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tuxy wrote: »
    ... I wonder does the insurance let you buy back the frame the same way they let people buy back crashed cars....
    I had a bike 'wriiten off' a few years ago after an accident with a motorist. The motorist's insurance company contacted me a few weeks after the crash asking if I'd be interested in buying back the bike for €50. Done!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I had a bike 'wriiten off' a few years ago after an accident with a motorist.
    lemme guess, the car lost control and you were in a collision with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

lemme guess, the car lost control and you were in a collision with it?
    Yes, I interrupted her right turn - a 17yr old unaccompanied learner driver who left the scene of the incident.

Advertisement