Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispose of motorcycle north Wicklow/ south Dublin.

Options
  • 22-04-2019 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking to dispose of a my trusty steed, preferably near north Wicklow/ south Dublin.

It's running, and I'd sell it, but I may not have time to, and it's a Hyosung GV250 FI with 65,000 kms on it so not of much interest except for breaking.
    Besides, it would need it's transmission looked at (clunky), and it's tires are squares.

Where can I bring it/have collected?
    Do I need to get some kind of certificate of disposal?
    What happens with the registration/ownership?

Answers on a postcard purlease!

fleet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Uncharted wrote: »
    PM sent.

Thanks Uncharted.

Just to post my reply for all to see:

It wouldn't be worth anyone's time and effort to get this back to being a reliable ride.

Tranny needs at least new forks (possible shaft too), tires needed etc.

For the same money as the parts to fix this you could pick up a clean machine.

The only person this bike is worth anything to is someone wanting to break it.
    It has a brand new clutch, new (albeit little surface rust) chain, clean oil etc.
    The saddle is as new (it always had a cover) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Check with the Dept of Transport or local council re. scrapping procedure.
    Don't be tempted to hand it over to anyone without completing the reg doc properly - scrapping or standard change of ownership.
    To scrap it an approved scrap company must take it.
    I don't know of any any reason why you couldn't opt for the change of ownership without officially scrapping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭rock22

Have you tried city spares ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Surely offer it up for free and someone will take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Zascar wrote: »
    Surely offer it up for free and someone will take it?

You would think.....it's fair to say you couldn't give a Hyosung away...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Give Merlin a call at first choice breakers, he's in Aughram.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Give Merlin a call at first choice breakers, he's in Aughram.

..and he'll sell it for 3 grand.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

..and he'll sell it for 3 grand.....:D

Well thats kinda what a breakers does, OP is looking to get dispose of a bike, not many bike breakers around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

offer ti up for free, some one will snap it up just to do a bit of tinkering around with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Notch000 wrote: »
    offer ti up for free, some one will snap it up just to do a bit of tinkering around with

Offer it up for free on adverts.ie and you'll have some dope asking to deliver it to the opposite side of the country! :pac:

Advertisement