Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Cork Suburb towns - family oriented [2019]

Options
  • 22-04-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi All,

A genuine advise on the following.

What are the current best suburb towns for Families around Cork in your opinion?

the answer to the above question would expect to include good place to live for a family and easy to make friends, close to good schools and shops, close to primary healthcares and close to possible fitness/gym/zumba/sports etc, which are preferably reachable on foot.

I would appreciate if you suggest a good example that can has the above overvall, and i appreciate if you name the good recommended schools for girls (not interested in privat/international schools).

Thanks,

Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

Douglas, Rochestown, Blackrock or Ballinlough would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ldsolare

To CorkCBR6, Thanks for your input.

When you list these suburbs do you agree they have all good primary schools? Is there any particular you may have known or heard that is preferred more than others? Also, I have pointed out the amenties to be reachable/close by foot.

Would you consider any towns further out from Cork? Like Carrigaline, Middleton or Youghal?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

I'd have no qualms considering Carrigaline, Middleton, Youghal, Mahon, Togher. You'd definitely get more bang for your buck too over the Big 4 mentioned above.

As far as girls primary schools go St. Eglantines and Our Lady of Lourdes in Ballinlough would have great names for all-girls schools. So would St Columba's and St Lukes in Douglas. I would imagine they would be on top of the wish list for most parents on the south side of the city.

To be honest I'd avoid Youghal, was only there today..
    Beautiful beach but it stops there. Very far from Cork City too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Midleton. Lots of good schools, easy access to Cork via N25, train and bus. Lots of pubs and restaurants. Lots of families out this way. More bang for your buck than the city and immediate subarbs. Not a local but I really like the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

+1 for Midleton. Good schools, great links to Cork City, very lively town, lots of sport options.

Beaches, woods etc short drives away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Another shout for Midleton. Quiet, cosy, farmer's town and it's got the lot. Ballincollig also has a lot going for it, but it's getting expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

jimgoose wrote: »
    Another shout for Midleton. Quiet, cosy, farmer's town and it's got the lot. Ballincollig also has a lot going for it, but it's getting expensive.

Getting? It's gone mental out that direction.

Look at places like Upper Glanmire, Watergrasshill, Rathcormac even. Far more bang for the buck.

Advertisement