Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Store UK wont post to Parcel motel :(

• 22-04-2019 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

hi all

most disappointed, finally decided on the Google Home max
    and there was £100 off on Google Store UK so i ordered it to Parcel Motel
    (the Max is not available in ireland for whatever reason)
    the only place that has it is Currys and its 450€

my status just said there was a delay on delivery,
    it never said im not getting it, i had to get on to customer services chat to find out that its residential only

any trick on this? i dont know anyone in the Uk that id ask to post on to me

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

hi all

most disappointed, finally decided on the Google Home max
    and there was £100 off on Google Store UK so i ordered it to Parcel Motel
    (the Max is not available in ireland for whatever reason)
    the only place that has it is Currys and its 450€

my status just said there was a delay on delivery,
    it never said im not getting it, i had to get on to customer services chat to find out that its residential only

any trick on this? i dont know anyone in the Uk that id ask to post on to me

cheers

I have heard others mention this issue, though the only time I used the UK store, I used DPDParcelWizard and had no issues.

I bought my Home Hub from the Ebay store and it had the same offers as the Google Store, they are the UK Google Franchise. But I checked and the Max is not on offer.

Try using the An Post AddressPal or Parcel Wizard

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

AddressPal might be the better option have ordered the mini via that method and no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ordered the Home Hub from the UK Store last week and delivered to Parcel Motel no bother. Have used it a couple of times over the years and always worked grand for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭fourmations

Hi all

It worked out, parcel motel have it!
    The guy on Google home chat said that the order would be cancelled because it's a forwarding service and they only post to residential addresses but that's wasn't the case gladly! Thanks for the feedback!! I'll have it on my grubby mitts tomorrow I reckon! Cheers

Advertisement