Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With a wee bit training I could beat Mo Farah...

Options
  • 22-04-2019 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I'm a multiple lapsed athlete who has gotten in to running, cycling, and swimming at different points.
    With a recent positive change of reduction in my drive by 2hours a day, and sad illness in the family I am motivated to crack on with training and get fit again.

My thread title reflects how I feel when I get into something... overenthusiastic and overambitious. I hope I can keep sensible goals using this log.

Current 5k time is 25minutes with a few weeks on and off training from scratch. I assume I can advance a good bit by new year.

I have started by going to a podiatrist for a proper biomechanical review and buying 2 pairs of sensible running shoes. Now I need to formulate a training plan.

My goal is a sub-20min 5k by year's end as measured at a parkrun...

Advertisement