Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to charge vape ?

Options
  • 22-04-2019 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

I know this is kind of a silly question but how long does it typically take to charge an ecig battery? I don't know the exact specs of my vape but its a 1300mah battery if that helps.

Thing seems to take forever to charge to full

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

pudzey101 wrote: »
    I know this is kind of a silly question but how long does it typically take to charge an ecig battery? I don't know the exact specs of my vape but its a 1300mah battery if that helps.

Thing seems to take forever to charge to full

Depends what charger you use, if it's only 500mah it'll take over 2 hours for a full charge. Check the plug you use and look for output power.
    1amp is 1000mah so try use a 1amp charger and it'll take just over 1 hour.
    What kind of ecig did you get, just out of curiosity.

Edit: most laptops only output 500mah so avoid charging from them if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

corsav6 wrote: »
    Depends what charger you use, if it's only 500mah it'll take over 2 hours for a full charge. Check the plug you use and look for output power.
    1amp is 1000mah so try use a 1amp charger and it'll take just over 1 hour.
    What kind of ecig did you get, just out of curiosity.

I just use my Samsung phone charger AFAIK it's 1.55amp output.

I got a endura t18ii, fairly standard and cheap but working brilliantly for me starting out!! :)

I also have a power bank with 1.A and 2.1 output

I just use my Samsung phone charger AFAIK it's 1.55amp output.

I got a endura t18ii, fairly standard and cheap but working brilliantly for me starting out!! :)

From a quick Google I found a Reddit user that tested the battery and maxed it at 400mah charge, so that's over 3 hours to fully charge. It's irrelevant what charger you use as the battery will only draw 400mah, despite the output power of your Samsung charger.
    It's a very decent starter device tbh, my wife has 1 and I've used it for CBD a few times and was impressed.
    Medium power setting seems to produce the best flavour to coil life ratio, max power can burn the coil in under a week. I've seen some people get over 4 weeks from coils providing it's topped up with liquid before it goes below the bottom wick hole.
    Don't use more than 50/50 Pg to VG ratio juice, it won't handle it well.

From a quick Google I found a Reddit user that tested the battery and maxed it at 400mah charge, so that's over 3 hours to fully charge. It's irrelevant what charger you use as the battery will only draw 400mah, despite the output power of your Samsung charger.
    It's a very decent starter device tbh, my wife has 1 and I've used it for CBD a few times and was impressed.
    Medium power setting seems to produce the best flavour to coil life ratio, max power can burn the coil in under a week. I've seen some people get over 4 weeks from coils providing it's topped up with liquid before it goes below the bottom wick hole.
    Don't use more than 50/50 Pg to VG ratio juice, it won't handle it well.

Ahh that explains the long charge , thanks for checking that out for me :D I currently have cbd mixed in with menthol.

What is the power setting can I ask ? I know it's 10.5w, 12w and 13.5w I just leave it to the lowest cuz I already had to replace the coil due to messing around with it :) I never even leave the liquid go down more than halfway just to be safe :) all my liquids from hale are 50/50 I'm pretty sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm confused mah is a measure of capacity, which you normally see batteries rated at.
    When you are charging something you are measuring the current which would be in amps of milliamps.

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm confused mah is a measure of capacity, which you normally see batteries rated at.
    When you are charging something you are measuring the current which would be in amps of milliamps.

Mah is milliamp per hour, or discharge rate, so not exactly capacity. If you have a 1000mah battery then it can produce 1 amp output for 1 hour.
    Charging input will be the same, so 1amp charger will charge a 1000mah battery in 1 hour.
    Probably better explanations online but that's about the long and short of it.

Ahh that explains the long charge , thanks for checking that out for me :D I currently have cbd mixed in with menthol.

What is the power setting can I ask ? I know it's 10.5w, 12w and 13.5w I just leave it to the lowest cuz I already had to replace the coil due to messing around with it :) I never even leave the liquid go down more than halfway just to be safe :) all my liquids from hale are 50/50 I'm pretty sure :)

When the device is switched off press and hold the power button, you'll see the led above the power button cycle through the 3 power settings. Just let go when it lights the 1 required.
    Basically it's a low, medium and high setting. Low and medium will give better coil life, and if mixing with CBD then you have no real use for the 3 power setting as it's mainly for a higher nicotine hit.
    Ya Hale liquids are mostly 50/50 and most CBD eliquids are higher in Pg so shouldn't cause any issues. When buying CBD try to get full spectrum instead of isolate, the difference is night and day. Isolate is basically the CBD compound added to an eliquid base, full spectrum is all of the plant so contains much more than CBD alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Mah is milliamp per hour, or discharge rate, so not exactly capacity. If you have a 1000mah battery then it can produce 1 amp output for 1 hour.
    Charging input will be the same, so 1amp charger will charge a 1000mah battery in 1 hour.
    Probably better explanations online but that's about the long and short of it.

1000mah is the capacity. So yes you can draw 1 amp for an hour from it but you could also draw 2amp for 3 mins if you needed more watts(power)

You were taking the ENDURA T18 battery which is 3.6 volts. The vape is capable of drawing 13.5 watts at max setting so would need 3.5 amps to provide that wattage at that voltage. The capacity of the battery is 1300mAh. The charge rate probably is about 400mA(not MAh) with is slowing down a bit and trikle charging when the battery is nearly at capacity.

tuxy wrote: »
    1000mah is the capacity. So yes you can draw 1 amp for an hour from it but you could also draw 2amp for 3 mins if you needed more watts(power)

You were taking the ENDURA T18 battery which is 3.6 volts. The vape is capable of drawing 13.5 watts at max setting so would need 3.5 amps to provide that wattage at that voltage. The capacity of the battery is 1300mAh. The charge rate probably is about 400mA(not MAh) with is slowing down a bit and trikle charging when the battery is nearly at capacity.

It's a 4.2v battery, 3.7v is nominal voltage. The battery produces max 13.5 watts, which is 3amps using the supplies 1.5ohm coil.
    As far as I'm aware the 3.6v batteries were ICR so a slightly different chemistry, open to correction on that however as it's not really my field.

• Advertisement
Advertisement