Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice of Termination

Options
  • 22-04-2019 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all. This isn't something I've come across before so any help at all would be appreciated. Myself and my partner have received a notice of termination on Friday (terminating a tenancy before a Further Part 4 tenancy commences). Now this doesn't come as a surprise to us but there wasn't any reason given on the document. Should the document include this bit of information?

onestopshop.rtb.ie/images/uploads/Disputes/Sample%20Notice%20of%20Termination%20-%20terminating-before-a-further-part-4-commences.docx

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

muzim wrote: »
    Hi all. This isn't something I've come across before so any help at all would be appreciated. Myself and my partner have received a notice of termination on Friday (terminating a tenancy before a Further Part 4 tenancy commences). Now this doesn't come as a surprise to us but there wasn't any reason given on the document. Should the document include this bit of information?

onestopshop.rtb.ie/images/uploads/Disputes/Sample%20Notice%20of%20Termination%20-%20terminating-before-a-further-part-4-commences.docx

Thanks.

The reason is to terminate before another part 4 commences.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 muzim

Guess I'm confused by this part in the link I included:

"A landlord is not required to rely upon a section 34 ground to terminate a tenancy in these circumstances however a reason for termination must be provided."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Your op isn’t clear, did the LL give you notice of termination and state it was to prevent another Part 4 cycle commencing?

If he/she did, then the reason for termination = Landlords entitlement to prevent a new Part 4 cycle commencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 muzim

They gave the notice of termination as per the link in the OP. If that's the sole reason then that's my question answered, thanks.

The word document in that link is confusing as the title is "terminating a tenancy before a Further Part 4 tenancy commences" but includes the sentence "however a reason for termination must be provided", giving me the impression that there must be a reason for terminating a tenancy before a Further Part 4 tenancy commences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

There must be a reason, but that reason can be anything.

TBF it is confusing, why require a reason in the first place if any reason will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The LL cannot just give you a notice of termination without giving a reason, I can’t open your link but in any case, the reason he is stating for ending the tenancy, is his entitlement not to allow you to commence a new Part 4 cycle.

I think the link you posted is the sample letter of termination taken from RTB website, if it is, you will see in the letter that the Landlord’s entitlement to prevent a new Part 4 cycle beginning, is an acceptable reason for ending the tenancy.

Quote:

“The reason for the termination of the tenancy is due to the fact that the landlord is entitled to terminate the tenancy before a Further Part 4 tenancy cycle commences and by providing the minimum notice period applicable pursuant to the Residential Tenancies Acts 2004 to 2016.”

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

Have used that sample its been tried and tested you have 28 days to contest it but provided the LL has given the correct notice time and an extra day to allow for the 24 hour on the final day it will stand

Advertisement