Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Snooker Moderator

Options
  • 23-04-2019 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to raise the issue of a missing/inactive Snooker & Pool forum mod.

celticfc: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=11357

When I started posting on the Snooker forum a few years ago, he seemed to be the main Snooker mod and most active. This past Snooker season, I noticed he wasn't posting as much during big events, but never actually checked his user profile.

I checked it this week, because this year's World Snooker Championship is taking place and I had a forum issue, but it seems celticfc hasn't posted anywhere on Boards for 12 months (since last year's World Snooker Championship).

It doesn't actually say on his user profile when he was last active, and maybe the higher-ups are already aware of his absence, but just something I noticed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Help Desk as this is a specific issue, rather than feedback.

I'll pass this onto the Sports CMods, and I'm sure Beasty will have a look also.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please note that although he has not posted, the mod was online a couple of weeks ago. I know he tends to spend some time in Sheffield during the World championships. I'm not saying he is there now, but as you will appreciate this is the main time of year the forum bursts into life. We will keep the situation under review.

There is a second forum mod who has been regularly online and posting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Inviere

Beasty wrote: »

Two posts in just under a year, 14 posts in just under 2 years. While the Snooker forum isn't exactly AH in terms of traffic, there's a lot of snooker happening these days with many tournaments on throughout the year. The forum mightn't need much in the way of actual moderation, but it could definitely benefit from someone who might try and develop it some more.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That's understood. I was not wishing to be seen to be dismissing any concerns. The season will come to a close in a couple of weeks, and we can review things after that. In the meantime I do tend to look in to the forum during the Worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Inviere

That's understood. I was not wishing to be seen to be dismissing any concerns. The season will come to a close in a couple of weeks, and we can review things after that. In the meantime I do tend to look in to the forum during the Worlds

It's actually doing quite well these days, and used to be a LOT more quiet in there. End of season coming up though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Please note that although he has not posted, the mod was online a couple of weeks ago. I know he tends to spend some time in Sheffield during the World championships. I'm not saying he is there now, but as you will appreciate this is the main time of year the forum bursts into life. We will keep the situation under review.

If he was online recently that changes concerns, I couldn't see that on his profile. But a mod not posting for a year still seems weird...maybe it's a regular thing for some mods.

The other Snooker mod hasn't posted (in the forum) since the Masters in January, but I appreciate he is at least an active user.

If you think something is not being attended to, please feel free to PM me or one of the Sports CMods. As I indicated, we'll review the situation once the World Championships are over

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement