Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

las vegas for 6 or more people - tip

• 23-04-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi Just back from las vegas and chatting to our tour guide he informed us of a little known fact:
    That if you have 6 or more people you can call yourselves a convention and when booking if you state this you can get discounts on hotel rooms/ meals etc . this is under nevada law.
    might help some group

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I might want a cite for that. I’m checking the NRS, and I don’t see it. A search for “convention” certainly doesn’t come up with an appropriate response.

Further, convention rates are not necessarily cheaper than what you can get by booking normally. Oftentimes, resort fees are optional (generally about $30/day), but the per night fee is often higher as well. Given how big conventions can be in Vegas, (50-100,000 people), hotels will run convention rates for the big ones and not even check if you are actually a part of the convention.

Advertisement