Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing contact number on myGovID

• 23-04-2019 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have recently changed my mobile number and I'd like to update my contacts on the myGovID website in order to get the verification code on the new mobile.

Can you please help me out in getting that done? Don't find any option to reset the mobile number on the website.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

I've just done this recently. Just log into your Mygovid account. You'll need your old mobile number active to do this because the login verification code will be sent to this number.

When you've logged in click on your name in the top right corner and select 'Update Phone Number'. It will again send another verification code to your old mobile number. After you enter this you will then be taken to a page where you can change your mobile number. Just type in your new number. A verification code will then be sent to your new mobile number. Just type the code into the system and that should be it. Your mobile number should be changed.

They make it way more complicated than it needs to be. But it eventually does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

But if your old phone is no longer active at all, how does one do this since you CANNOT login?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bog master

I had an issue with email log in, as my original email was no longer accessible.So, I had to re-register using new email, no problems-all went well, so you may have to do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Unfortunately this won't be straight forward and you'll have to contact the Technical support Team. They'll likely have to send you a new Pin by post, you'll essentially have to re register with the new number

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bog master

I did contact Tech Support as you mentioned. Yes, in essence one starts from step one, but in my experience the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not sure what you mean "but in my experience the best option" 🤔 there is only one option as I explained

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement