Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not watching the game but it sounds mental. Dier should have been sent off, Son and Foyth are off. Spurs seem to be essentially falling over the line this season, similar to Liverpool last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bournemouth obviously intended to take a comfortable loss in their flip flops. Spurs getting players sent off obliges them to actually try and win the game. They’re not up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe Bournemouth should allow Spurs a reckless counter attack and then catch them on the counter counter attack trouble is their passing is so bad it wouldn't work.

Aka 1-0. Spurs are fecking it up. Arsenal to take advantage - oh wait what am I saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

LOL AT Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ah jaysus. Killer to concede there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ake was only going to score with his head because he was showing all the coordination of a newborn foal with his feet all game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

omega man wrote: »
    Bournemouth are poor. Having to play football now and exposing their lack of ability.

Always believed in them.

Just and deserved on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

• Advertisement

Spurs should really have about 7 men left on the pitch at this stage.

Ah I was hoping the draw would lead to everyone getting ready to criticise Eddie Howe, another day perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is it safe to say that spurs are actually ****, 13 loses this season 13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spurs in trouble now. Everton on a great run and I don't see them losing next week. Could see Spurs finishing 5th if Arsenal and Chelsea win their last two or even 6th if United win theirs and Spurs lose to Everton.

Spurs should really have about 7 men left on the pitch at this stage.
    5B44650AAE730.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

One of the most extraordinary Top 4 "races" ever!! The Europa League must be the aim for Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal

tumblr_nqwtls2L1B1rvtb8oo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Aka 1-0. Spurs are fecking it up. Arsenal to take advantage - oh wait what am I saying?

United could well sneak in there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Delighted with that Spurs result. They are a dirty team and got what they deserved today.

Poch’s stock is going downhill fast.

Spurs have now lost more than than Wolves. It's the draws that kill you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Despite how many points Spurs drop, they go in to the final day with top 4 still in their own hands. Says as much about the other teams as it does about Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Garzorico wrote: »
    Delighted with that Spurs result. They are a dirty team and got what they deserved today.

Poch’s stock is going downhill fast.

Don't really care much either way about spurs but they are not a dirty team.

The not drawing was what was keeping them in the title race for the time they were in it.

Draws are a curse. Theyll be the difference in where the title goes too.....

Read on the Spurs thread that they've lost 6 on the spin on the road. That's not even top 6 form, never mind top 4. If they do scrape into the CL spots, it'll be more to do with the ineptitude of the other contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Arsenal have Burnley away, nailed on defeat there. Its all very tight in the race to mess up getting CL next season.

blueser wrote: »
    Read on the Spurs thread that they've lost 6 on the spin on the road. That's not even top 6 form, never mind top 4. If they do scrape into the CL spots, it'll be more to do with the ineptitude of the other contenders.

Far from a Spurs fan but they are clearly paying for not buying last summer or January. With a full strength squad they are better than the other 3.
    I think a draw will do them next weekend; it's unlikely they'll lose 3 on the spin at home. Goal difference is healthy enough to hold off United and I can't see Arsenal winning at Burnley less than 3 days after a European semi final second leg in Spain. Like them Arsenal can't afford to rotate too much without suffering a drop in performance.

• Advertisement

.G. wrote: »
    Arsenal have Burnley away, nailed on defeat there. Its all very tight in the race to mess up getting CL next season.

over 3/1 for Burnley............... if you think it is so nailed on defeat against a team with absolutely nothing to play for in end of season game mode. .

Arsenal will win that at least 2 nothing, even with their dubious season long away form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If spurs get top four and manage to over turn that deficit in midweek and make the CL final then they'll have no problems attracting players in the sunmer

over 3/1 for Burnley............... if you think it is so nailed on defeat against a team with absolutely nothing to play for in end of season game mode. .

Arsenal will win that at least 2 nothing, even with their dubious season long away form

Youd think people would learn about making definite statements like this about football results.

Its a wonder everyone isnt a millionaire................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What's the average points take for 3rd and 4th place teams? This must be one of the worst tallies in PL history surely? Always thought u need about 76 points for 4th, never mind 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pawson is hell bent on keeping 11 Spurs players on the pitch and.

This sure didnt age well :pac:

• Advertisement

Youd think people would learn about making definite statements like this about football results.

Its a wonder everyone isnt a millionaire................

I'm definitely putting some money on Arsenal at -1 handicap. 9/4 is good price given what is to play for a team battling for top 4 against an inferior team with nothing to play for on final game of season. Obviously wouldn't be a guarantee, but certainly well worth those odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Arsed about the odds, gambling is for idiots. Arsenal are shocking away from home and don't like teams like Burnley that are very aggressive so I'd be very surprised if they don't get beat there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm definitely putting some money on Arsenal at -1 handicap. 9/4 is good price given what is to play for a team battling for top 4 against an inferior team with nothing to play for on final game of season. Obviously wouldn't be a guarantee, but certainly well worth those odds.

I genuinely wouldn’t.
    Emery will pick useless players like Kolasinac, Iwobi and Mitchatarian who have been brutal all season and who have absolutely no fight in them. He has prioritized the Europa at the cost of a top 4 place. If we get Top 4 it will be through other results like today’s.

What's the average points take for 3rd and 4th place teams? This must be one of the worst tallies in PL history surely? Always thought u need about 76 points for 4th, never mind 3rd.

Quick google out of interest = last season, for 3rd/4th place - 77/71, season before 78/76, 70/66, 75/70, 82/79, 75/73, 70/69, 71/68, 75/70

This season will probably end up early 70s so it is much of a muchness, owing mainly to better form earlier on in the season, all the teams involved went on excellent runs of form above the norm at certain stages of the season,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

There was a spurs poster a few weeks back running into the city thread hoping city would thrash them so Liverpool wouldn't win the league. Now I know they only lost 1-0 but its a bit sad hoping another team won't win something to the detriment of your own team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

There was a spurs poster a few weeks back running into the city thread hoping city would thrash them so Liverpool wouldn't win the league. Now I know they only lost 1-0 but its a bit sad hoping another team won't win something to the detriment of your own team

This seemingly happened a lot when United were playing City. They're very much in the minority and should be ignored

This seemingly happened a lot when United were playing City. They're very much in the minority and should be ignored

Oh yeah I know they are in the minority but what does it say about them as supporters of their own team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just the 1?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just the 1?

Well prob more than one but this poster was nearly taking glee in the fact he wanted his team hammered,karma can be a bitch

There was a United fan who said before Liverpools game against Spurs that he hopes the latter wins despite the fact both were playing for Top 4 and when questioned then about Utd's fixture against City then which was a week later that he more or less hoped City would win because his preference was Liverpool losing the league over Utd getting CL football and Utd wouldn't be a threat to Spurs anyway.

• Advertisement

There was a United fan who said before Liverpools game against Spurs that he hopes the latter wins and when questioned then about Utd's fixture against City then which was a week later that he more or less hoped City would win because his preference was Liverpool losing the league over Utd getting CL football and Utd wouldn't be a threat to Spurs anyway.

Yeah madness alright,you would wonder how much they support their team or are they just bandwagon supporters who get more joy out of other teams failing than wanting the best of their own team

There was a United fan who said before Liverpools game against Spurs that he hopes the latter wins despite the fact both were playing for Top 4 and when questioned then about Utd's fixture against City then which was a week later that he more or less hoped City would win because his preference was Liverpool losing the league over Utd getting CL football and Utd wouldn't be a threat to Spurs anyway.

Undoubtedly this season has exposed the ugly entitled side to their fanbase. It’s a minority of fans of course, but hard not to notice them. I bet actual match going fans feel very differently about such things.

I used to have a soft spot for Spurs however the majority their fans that post on here ( 3 of the 4 of them) have really turned me off as a team.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Undoubtedly this season has exposed the ugly entitled side to their fanbase. It’s a minority of fans of course, but hard not to notice them. I bet actual match going fans feel very differently about such things.

I am not going to lie and say it will make for an irritating experience if Pool win but if they win, they deserve it and I most definitely wouldn't sacrifice CL football and the ramifications of missing out (highly highly unlikely now) if it meant Liverpool dont win the league and only merely winning the 97 Points Cup.

City must be kicking themselves that they couldn't get past this spurs team in the champions league

City must be kicking themselves that they couldn't get past this spurs team in the champions league
    We fcuked up. Big time. Poor team selection in the first leg, compounded by the missed penalty. And sunday morning parks defending in the second leg. We really should be beating them over two legs.

blueser wrote: »
    We fcuked up. Big time. Poor team selection in the first leg, compounded by the missed penalty. And sunday morning parks defending in the second leg. We really should be beating them over two legs.

Do you think pep gave them too much respect in the first leg,not bringing on de bruyne and sane til the last few mins? As you said if the penalty had been scored then it would of been a different game

Do you think pep gave them too much respect in the first leg,not bringing on de bruyne and sane til the last few mins? As you said if the penalty had been scored then it would of been a different game
    Yep. I couldn't see the point of bringing those two on with a couple of minutes to go. That was baffling. And Delph's form has dropped off a cliff since last season, yet Pep had him in the starting XI. And he allowed Son to get away from him out wide to score that goal. As for it being a different game if Kun had scored the penalty; who knows? Spurs might have rallied and still won that night. But we'd have bagged an away goal. Not getting that goal was crucial. Away goals are pure gold; ask any Spurs fan!
    :(

I used to have a soft spot for Spurs however the majority their fans that post on here ( 3 of the 4 of them) have really turned me off as a team.

It turns out them having their own forum was not such a bad thing!

Fulham have just bought on a 15 year old, new record for child labour in the Prem.

• Advertisement

It turns out them having their own forum was not such a bad thing!

Fulham have just bought on a 15 year old, new record for child labour in the Prem.

He is 16

Advertisement