Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19 Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Great hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It it had of went wide from the hand ball it would have been a pen and red card, as the ball fell to Newcastle who scored then then it did not deny a goal scoring chance, therefore it should have been a yellow card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Boom. He's having a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Cracking hit. This game could end up with any score. Newcastle have a bit to offer in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pool looking very ordinary tonight. Maybe tiredness is kicking in?

Pool looking very ordinary tonight. Maybe tiredness is kicking in?

Struggling a bit at the back but I still expect them to win by the odd goal. They do look tired and I'd be worried about that for the Barcelona game. They need to put in an exceptional performance in that one to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lovren coming in has just caused sheer panic in Liverpool defemce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liverpool have enough quality out there to find the breakthrough as they've done when they've had to this season. Nice bench as well with Shaqiri a good option. They'll get the three points.

Liverpool have enough quality out there to find the breakthrough as they've done when they've had to this season. Nice bench as well with Shaqiri a good option. They'll get the three points.

Yeah, was just checking at the bookies still think so also. I think they might need to get two though. Newcastle have another goal in them.

• Advertisement

That's a sore one for Salah. Felt the whiplash myself when he landed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looking serious enough for Salah, doesn’t look like he knows where he is. Liverpool’s best player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

All fairness hope salah is alright, looked painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pool will get the win here ,more than enough quality.For all the huff and puff from Newcastle, Pool are a tier or two above.

A much tougher game than they needed with Barca coming up,who basically rested their best xi.

Klopp trying to comfort the player and nearly sending the medic carrying the stretcher flying.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Pool will get the win here ,more than enough quality.For all the huff and puff from Newcastle, Pool are a tier or two above.

A much tougher game than they needed with Barca coming up,who basically rested their best xi.

I think the efforts here will tell in that game. Salah will be a doubt for that looking at these pics. Sturridge for the winner here for me.

Going to be a lot of added time for this obviously. Set up for a dramatic late winner for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Strumms wrote: »
    Looking serious enough for Salah, doesn’t look like he knows where he is. Liverpool’s best player.

Echoes of last year's CL final...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

yabadabado wrote:

Lovren and Sturridge on the pitch. Origi on for the league's top scorer in Salah. I wish I had your faith.

• Advertisement

Nailed on for Sturridge 90th minute winner feel it in my waters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i hope so , but i have this awful feeling that the pool draw tonight and city slip up tomorrow , it would be beyond unbearable if that happened :(:(

Probably about 20 minutes playing time left. A goal or two more I reckon.

99th minute

That Rondon is a big strong lad. Looks the part. Could be at a bigger club soon.

*Places bet on Liverpool to win @ 13/8*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Liverpiol wont create a single chanve studge and Origi movement is so so poor

Milner coming on. You just know he's playing a part in a late winner!

Newcastle starting to look leggy, playing deep and allowing Liverpool time and space.

Jesus Rondon goes down there and ref has a decision to make

There it is. Shaqiri with a lovely ball.

*Places bet on Liverpool to win @ 13/8*

That'll do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thought Fabihno dived for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Newcastle utter shambles from set pieces.

Wasn’t a free kick though.

Massive dive by Fabihno for that free. As I said before, Liverpool will win this and the title.

"Free kick"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Ritchie has been nipping at players standing on them and going through the back about time it back fired

Liverpool are winning this title, I don't care what anyone says! It's written in the stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Berserker wrote: »
    Massive dive by Fabihno for that free. As I said before, Liverpool will win this and the title.

No they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Newcastle were shocking defensively there, defending far too deep, should have pushed up at least to the edge of the box!

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Newcastle were shocking defensively there, defending far too deep, should have pushed up at least to the enge of the box!

They are poor at the back. Have caused Liverpool lots of problems in the final third though.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Thought Fabihno dived for that

He exaggerated the contact for sure but a foul I think. A really silly bit of defending. It’s been naivety for the most part that has helped Liverpool tonight. Newcastle looking dead here.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Shouldn't Milner have been sent off there?

Shouldn't Milner have been sent off there?

For what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Two yellow card fouls. Left Perez in a heap and then took out Atsu as well

Full-Time. Hard-fought win by Liverpool. You have to be impressed at that performance only days after a gruelling game against Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

thank christ that's over , hardest watch of the season , :eek:

at least we are in position for a last day of the season push , i suppose anything can happen from here

Ref did look rather keen to keep 11 vs 11. The peno incident was clear cut red but a further tackle or two also..

Full-Time. Hard-fought win by Liverpool. You have to be impressed at that performance only days after a gruelling game against Barca.

Knew they would get the win and that's them finishing on 97 points now but I think the efforts here could result in them falling short against Barcelona.

• Advertisement

PGMOL must be desperate for a title race.

Advertisement